preview

Hi! :)

Welcome to the first fanfiction I've ever written! I started watching Supernatural about a year ago and just now finished the series last month. I have become OBSESSED and this is the only way I've been able to find a creative outlet to further my obsession!

I am writing for all the other late twenty-somethings who are just as in love with Jensen Ackles as I am (sorry to my husband...). I really hope that if you are reading this story, that you are at LEAST 18, preferably older. I feel icky knowing that any young person could be reading about 2 grown adults having adult relations. So PLEASE be responsible. I've also tried to add trigger warnings at the beginning of every chapter that needs it, as I know how important those are.

I've also tried to add some banners at the top of each chapter, to give you an idea of the vibes of the chapter. Hopefully you can actually see them bc I worked really hard on them but I'm also old and suck at technology so they probs won't :')

Please feel free to give feedback!! I will try to update whenever I can! But alas, I am a full-time working adult, so please be patient with me.

Here is a little background of the main character in my story!

* Annie Law is a 28 year old who was born and raised in the Midwest. When her dad died 5 years ago, she moved to California to fully submerse herself into acting. She had been passionate about the theatre her whole life, but never had the nerve to go beyond small town theatre, majoring in Performing Arts in college, and putting her work on YouTube. When she moved out to LA, she landed some jobs working in commercials. When those jobs began leading to more recognition online, she finally had the confidence to go for auditioning for bigger roles. There were a few small roles that didn't work out for Annie during the audition process, that was, until she went for a role in Supernatural.

* Annie has based a lot of her online platform on body positivity (an idea that was not as accepted in 2009 as it is now). She is a size 16 plus sized woman, and has only been viewed and accepted as such in all of her roles, until now. Supernatural decided to take a leap of faith and hire a plus sized woman as a major role on a widely successful show that has only featured straight sized women as main characters and love interests. Annie feels a lot of pressure to do right by the plus sized community in the industry, but has to tread lightly in a world of straight sized women. She hopes she can make a difference, but is very cautious and ends up doubting her talent and abilities.

* Annie has just gotten out of a serious, 2 year relationship with a man (man child...) named Jake Barnes. He was working in film production in LA and was VERY confident in his work. For the first year and a half of their relationship, they were strong and healthy, leaning on each other for support while trying to make it in LA. For the last 6 months though, Jake let influence in the industry get to his head and also into his relationship. He cheated on Annie with several models and actresses. Annie has been in relationships before, but they have never ended in heartache like this. Needless to say, she's got some trust issues.

Now some notes about the story in general:

*I really wanted to write this story in the POV of someone closer to age than typical fanfictions. In season 5, Jensen is 31 years old (if my math is mathing correctly). Annie's age is 28. Jensen has been a professional in the acting industry longer than Annie has at this point in time, but they have similar world views and life experiences, being so close in age.

*As I became more and more obsessed with Jensen and SPN, I became more obsessed with Jensen's band, Radio Company. I really wanted to showcase his love of music BTS of his acting career, as well as showing him in the most natural light as possible. Hence "Simple Kind of Man". "Simple Man" was the first song I ever heard Jensen sing outside of Radio Company, and I think it is the perfect embodiment of how I wanted to portray him in this story.

*I did an embarrassing amount of research on the year 2009, which was when this season was filmed. I was in high school in 2009, so it's hard telling what I would've worn and done as a 28 year old at the time. I did my best guess at the outfits and aesthetics so don't @ me 😭

*I also know Annie's character's story doesn't really line up with the timeline of where they're at in season 5! I did my best trying to fit her story in in a way that would somewhat match up with the plot of the season.

*Oh, also, this is going to be somewhat of a slow burn between love interests. I plan on writing this story for awhile, so strap in.

Thank you for reading :)