chapter three

I could feel my heart beating out of my chest as I pulled up to the bar Misha sent me to.

The three boys were standing outside the front door. It was starting to get dark outside, but there was no mistaking Jared's tall frame anywhere.

I got out of my car and checked my lipstick in my side mirror before walking up to the door, just behind the boys.

"Waiting for someone?" I asked with a smile, as all three boys turned around. They all widened their eyes in unison and laughed.

"Hey!" Misha said, as Jared grinned and opened his arms wide to welcome me. "I'm so glad you came, Annie!" Jared said while embracing me. Jesus, he was strong. I just stood there frozen, smelling the scent of the hair of a God and trying not to melt in all his warmth.

"Me too!" I squeaked. Jared's chest thundered with a laugh against mine before pulling away. "Sorry."

Misha gave Jared a look and grabbed his shoulder to walk him into the bar. Jensen stood behind him with his hands in his pockets. He looked up and gave a small, but excited smile.

"I'm glad you could make it, Annie."

Those words sounded so sincere. But this guy barely knew me. And what why a Greek god be glad for me to be there, anyway?

"I wouldn't miss a front row seat to a celebration with the world's best bromance." I said with a sarcastic smile.

His eyes lit up and his chest gave out a small chuckle. "Yeah, we'll pretend like this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and not a nightly occurrence." He ran his fingers through his hair and looked down at his feet before returning my gaze. Holy. Shit.

"You want me to introduce you to the bartender? We're pretty much regulars around here. We purposely picked a bar out of the city awhile so we could come whenever we wanted and try not to be spotted. So far it's been a pretty good place to us."

"That sounds nice." I offered him a warm grin.

He waved me inside and I followed him.

The inside of the bar smelled like an old pool hall. Alcohol and the lingering scent of cigarette smoke from years past still stuck to the leather bar stools and booths. The sounds of laughter, billiard games, and music filled the air. There was a large bar lining the entire left side of the building, and a stage covering the right side. There was a band playing classic rock music onstage, with patrons singing and dancing along in the crowd.

It was a Friday night, so the place was as busy as I expected. I was taking in the music and the nostalgic smells of smoke and alcohol before I was ripped away from my daze and pulled by the hand by Jared to the bar.

"Annie, this is Johnny. Johnny, this is our new friend, Annie" Jared explained with a wave of his hand and a gesture towards me.

Johnny looked to be middle aged, with a black t-shirt on with tattoos painted on both of his arms and up his neck. He looked kind of scary, but his eyes held the nicest gaze. I took his outstretched hand into mine and shook it.

"It's about time they finally brought a girl in here with them. It's nice to meet you, Annie" Johnny exclaimed with laughter.

"You too." I returned his laughter with my own.

"What can I get ya?" Johnny asked.

"I'll do...a whiskey sour, please." The boys had all ordered beers already and were looking down at me with surprised looks.

"Annie doesn't mess around." Misha noted and took a sip of his beer with a half smile. Jared and Jensen both took sips of their beers as well, but Jensen held my gaze for a little longer than expected.