(26) A Courtyard Case

The girls' last class, Ballroom Dancing, had ended. They had exactly 3 hours to kill before their Council Meeting at 5:30, so they headed to the courtyard.

As they walked, Florence and Hadia stayed at Vanessa's sides, forcing Mayweather to walk behind them.

Mayweather scrambled around them, on the grass, and walked quickly in front of them. "Florence! Walk next to me so we can be 2 by 2."

Florence reluctantly obeyed and sped up to walk next to her. Mayweather grunted in satisfaction as they continued.

They walked towards a bench that was next to a big fountain and they sat down. Mayweather began to speak, "Since we're here, we should take advantage of it and discuss the plans for the meeting ahead of time-" but she was interrupted by two girls rushing past their bench and whispering to each other.

"Look, it's the stutter girl!"
"Do you suppose we can make her speak?"
"Oh, I wish I could get it on film to show my Ma. She'd be on the floor!"
"It must be so embarrassing!"

Florence slumped in her seat next to Mayweather, attracting her friend's notices. Mayweather tapped Florence's shoulder, and Vanessa looked at the two, expecting Mayweather to say something to cheer up her friend.

"You mustn't sit with such posture. It's not ladylike."

Vanessa furrowed her brows at the words. Florence pouted and sat upright, but she kept her gaze on the ground.

There was a moment of awkward silence afterwards, due to Florence's mood being ruined by the two girl's words.

Mayweather gave her a glance before saying, "You shouldn't let those nobodies get to you."

Florence huffed, "How can I not mind them when I'm a nobody, too?"

Mayweather let out a sigh and she then got up off the bench. "I'll be right back, girls."

She walked towards the two girls and grabbed their shoulders, forcing them to look at her. "I do hope you know how hatefully unladylike it is to gossip of someone without their knowledge, especially negatively?"

The girls cowered in fear as they struggled to make a response. One of them spoke up and said, "W-we weren't gossiping a-at all!"

Mayweather scoffed and grabbed the back of their heads, gripping the roots of their hair harshly. They squealed and whimpered in pain. She whispered in their ears, but the whispers didn't go unheard by her friends on the bench, "You wouldn't want me to tell my Granny, right? Because I'm sure that the first thing she'd do, is send you to Memory Therapy."

The girls began to cry and their voices cracked as they pleaded Mayweather to spare them.

"P-Please miss!"
"We swear w-we won't-"
"-we swear on our mums!"
"-Our Pa!"
"-Our life!!"
"No, not our life, Diana."
"Our Pa!"

Mayweather let out a chuckle that sent chill down everyone's, even Vanessa's, spines. "Don't let me catch you talking rubbish about my friends ever again, understood?"

The girls nodded furiously as they thanked Mayweather for her mercy.

Mayweather began to walk back to her friends and the two girls almost immediately began to snicker at their success.

Mayweather stopped in her tracks, right in front of the bench. She looked down at the three other girls as her eye twitched and she forced a smile on her face.

"God, it just never sinks in when I do it the nice way, does it?"

Florence began to tell her she didn't need to do anything more, but Mayweather had already whipped around and gone back. She stormed towards the two girls and grabbed them by the collars of their shirts.

"Diana Manson and Ruth Gibbens, right? Freshmen, I believe?"

The girls nodded out of fear, once again.

Mayweather laughed. "Normally, I go easy on the newbies. I suppose you've heard of the Freshman named Noelle? She's in student council, running to take my place?"

One of the girls piped up, "Y-yeah! We always thought she must be very overconfident to run as freshman..."

The other girl smacked her head. "Why on Earth would you say that!?"
"What do you mean?"
"Idiot, don't you know how Noelle and Mayweather are-"

"HEY!"
Mayweather shook their collars aggressively causing them both to shut up with their bickering and look at her.

"Yes, we're cousins." She looked at the girl who first spoke, "That's how she's so confident."

The girls both gulped as they anxiously waited for Mayweather to continue.

"I want Noelle to deal with you, and then I'll let her decide whether you should attend Memory Therapy or not. She's in your grade, so she must know you much better than I do. So she shall be the one to decide your fate."

With that, Mayweather released their collars, causing them both to drop to the ground in a heap. She turned to walk away, despite them crawling towards her and clinging to her legs, begging her not to say anything to Noelle.

"Let go of me!" Mayweather screeched as she kicked them off. She turned back towards them and crouched down at their level. "I want you to remember this moment the next time you decide to make fun of my friends."

"B-but how will we remember if we go to Memory Therapy?!?" One of them tried to reason with her, with a pleading look in her eyes as she gripped Mayweather's ankles.

Mayweather simply laughed and sighed. "Ah, that's a good point. Well, I'll just have to personally request them to not remove that memory when you attend."

"When!?" The other girl piped up as she gripped her other ankle. "I thought it was an if!"

Mayweather laughed once again, "Sorry, I changed my mind."

She slammed her ankles together, squeezing their fingers harshly and forcing them to release her. They wailed in pain and held each other tightly as they cried in front of everyone.

It was like a display to the entire courtyard, depicting what happens when you mess with Mayweather and her girls.

Mayweather walked over to the bench and finally sat down in between Florence and Vanessa. Florence and Hadia looked at Mayweather in awe.

"That was amazing!"
"Th-They were c-crying!"

Even Vanessa felt slightly impressed by Mayweather, and she respected the fact that she stood up for her friends. Mayweather might've been a bossy pain in the neck, but at least she had morals.

Vanessa spoke, "By the way, what's Memory Therapy?"

The other three girls stopped their conversation and looked at Vanessa like she had asked something highly offensive.

Mayweather replied to her through gritted teeth, "Don't ask any more about it unless you want to experience it yourself. And trust me, it's quite painful."

Vanessa sighed and leaned back in her seat. There she was, the mean Mayweather was back.