Life Goes On

Author: There's just going to be a separate one-shot taking place a week after the chapter's events.

______________________________________________________________

I never saw myself as a good person.

My body is dead but it continues to move. There's no pulse or any heartbeat. It's pointless to think how my body has grown cold too because it's always been this way even when I was still alive. The way I am right now is an undead META battleship. Those two managed to salvage my consciousness and force it back into this walking corpse. It's not the same since I only have my memories while the heart itself is missing.

"........"

After escaping to another timeline - no, it's more like some unhinged META shoved me in here after escaping the other METAs who wanted to put me the rest. Now, I'm stuck in an unfamiliar world and wondering what I should do next. I sit in an uninhabited island, lost and purposeless.

"........"

I want to die so why did I fight to defend myself and flee before I could lose? My survival instincts keep intruding with my only wish......so I can't die no matter how much I want to. That must be it because I tend to black out before they can deal the final blow.

"L-lady Tirpitz, are you still thinking about revenge?"

U-556 META keeps her distance from me while still showing genuine concern for my well-being. It's a wise decision because there's no certainty when or where the "medicine" will wear off and I'll be driven mostly by instincts again.

"Why wouldn't I be? I wanted to stay dead, but all of you couldn't respect that. You forced my consciousness back into this dead body and made me an undead META as a result"

Being alive again wouldn't be so bad, but not this way. This is perversion - an arrogance from my sister toying with life. Iron Blood tried to play God and thought they could decide who gets to live again, but they don't bring miracles.

"I couldn't understand emotions in the past, but now? I'm brought back with only revenge in mind. It's driving me mad, so I lose myself whenever I see either Victorious or Bismarck"

Although I'm hostile to Iron Blood due to their involvement, my hatred is primarily towards the two who orchestrated my reanimation. They contained me when their plan failed, but someone let me out. As a result, I attacked everyone hoping someone could destroy me for good.

"I want.....to kill Victorious and be done with the world....."
"You don't sound too sure" U-556 MET quickly notices
"I'm angry at what she did, but it's hard to decide on killing someone I once called my friend"

Emotions are troublesome. Why did I long to comprehend them in the first place? It's making me doubt and hesitate with everything that I do, especially now.

"She wanted to revive me because she didn't want to lose me, but I couldn't forgive that no matter the reason"
"Lady Tirpitz....." U-556 META musters enough courage to approach me
"I wonder if the Bismarck and Victorious in this world are the same? If their Tirpitz is a suicidal idiot like me?"

A part of me wishes those two are different in this world, but I can't assure myself that my counterpart here has common sense and self-preservation. My wish is to see even a single version of me living peacefully. Beyond this desire for revenge, I wish to see a version of me who isn't a META and living as she wishes.

"Why did you follow me here first? Go back to tailing my sister, U-556"
"I'm not here on Lord Bismarck's orders. I'm here because Lord Bismarck is looking for you. Even if she doesn't say anything, she's worried about you and definitely feels guilty!"
"How would you know that? None of us know what's going on in her mind. If she had any common sense, she would know bringing someone back from the dead will have consequences!"