To Set in Motion

The waves die out as soon as they reach shore. From time to time, the beach washes ashore mundane things like seashells, seaweeds, and junk tossed by humans from distant lands. There isn't a single human in the island, just the company of nature, and complete peace.

"......"

Tirpitz isn't the least bothered by the lack of company and leans on her curled up animated rigging for a bit of warmth from its engines and machinery. She's too immersed in reading the book she has finished long ago but has little to waste her time.

"Tirpitz......"

A few meters from her is Bismarck META, who widens her eyes in complete surprise, seeing Tirpitz living in solitude as if it's completely normal. Too normal that Tirpitz relaxes herself like in a normal vacation.

"You're visiting me again? Did something happen or are they looking for me?" Tirpitz briefly glances at her
"What are you doing here?"
"Living like a hermit, remember?"
"Why?" Bismarck META is even more confused
"Why....?"

Tirpitz moves her back away from her rigging, slightly annoyed at puzzled as to why Bismarck META is acting clueless all of a sudden. She can tell the dumbfounded and surprised expression in Bismarck META is genuine which also makes Tirpitz more puzzled.

"I chose to flee Iron Blood and faked my death in the process. This way, no one will search for me, but I have to stay away from most kansens as a result....."
"Why did you do that?"
"It was your idea because it was either that or get myself killed again. I rather not die over and over again, so I agreed to live like this"

Tirpitz clasps the book close and casually places it on top of her rigging's head while she uses its body to support her in standing up. The rigging doesn't move, but its eyes are focused on the two battleships.

"Perhaps this was for the best. They were close to finding out who I am, so you made it seem I sunk by one of the METAs during a confrontation" Tirpitz sighs
"........."
"King George V did tell me Victorious how Victorious cried and scolded her for not telling about my supposed death earlier. After that, she was quiet and went to another base for the next couple of weeks"
"What about their Bismarck?"
"Bismarck, huh. I don't know what became of her, but it's not like her sister dying will affect her will to fight. Perhaps she grieved, but she will continue her duty as a leader"

What surprised Bismarck META isn't the result of their decision but Tirpitz's little to no reaction when informing her. Tirpitz speaks almost in a monotone manner and her expression is stoic which is how she used to be before experiencing warmth.

"Doesn't it bother you how it affected other people too?" Bismarck META clenches her fist
"I suppose it did, but this was the lesser of two evils. How cruel it would be if you carry the sin of actually murdering me in front of their Bismarck....."
"......."
"No matter what we choose, it's always a burden. There's no form of comfort to how my life ends"

It's only been a month, but Tirpitz is quick to accept reality and how her choices will always cause pain just to avoid greater pain. She's shouldering the consequences of her actions by returning to solitude she despises in exchange for sparing the harsh truth.

"........"

Bismarck META can only quietly stare at her sister in pity and couldn't avert how she returns to her META form, effectively removing any traces of the normal Tirpitz. That way, she will only be another version of the META while the normal one effectively died on the perspective of the other kansens.

"The most logical place is the north itself, but returning to the frigid cold and solitude are too much for me who selfishly clung to warmth and bond as long as possible" Tirpitz scoffs
"Then, I'll stay here from time to time. We don't have a real home, but we still have each other"