A Sister's Concern

The current body feels natural since it's simply a past version of her from another timeline - one that should have died. Yet Tirpitz's existence keeps on going, living in falsehood, but ironically striving to stay true. The current "her" is shaped by tragedies, resulting in a cynical yet longing and burdened version of the usual calm and gentle Tirpitz.

"......."

Since Tirpitz has always been distant and reserved, there are few pictures of the old Tirpitz, so the current Tirpitz is somewhat saddened there are few physical memories of what she used to be like.

"I don't have this memory......"

Tirpitz comfortably sits by the desk in her room, grabs the framed picture of her Victorious. In that image, she could quickly deduce Victorious excitedly grabs her for a picture and tightly grabs her shoulder to forcibly keep her in one place. At least it's her only guess from the awkward and reluctant expression while Victorious is cheerfully giving a peace sign.

"Nngh...."

Since it's pointless to try and blindly conclude the memory where the protected picture originated, Tirpitz sets her eyes on one of the pictures laid out on the desk. It's the one where Friedrich der Grosse takes a picture of Bismarck and Tirpitz - the former pressing her face with her hand and the latter awkwardly looking away again. Forcing herself to remember a memory of someone else causes a brief yet sharp headache.

"Maybe it would have been better if I ran away as soon as I woke up.....but that means being hunted by Bismarck and chased by Victorious......"

The unexplainable confusion only grows inside her. An emotion causing her anxiety when around the people she knows and melancholy whenever she stares at the mirror reminding herself of her true nature.

"Trying to act normal is more difficult than I expected......"

Riddled with confusion and ever growing frustration, Tirpitz instinctively stares at the photo of her and Bismarck being caught off guard for a moment.

"You begin to show actual sisterly affection.....so I don't think you can handle discovering you already lost her....."

Tirpitz wallows in pity, not realizing herself that her expression softens enough to show a hint of grief and sympathy.

"Ugh. How much has my life twisted? I used to be a vengeful and savage remnant of myself, but I know I'm worrying about sparing their feelings...."

Tirpitz slams her head on the desk with a loud thump, scattering the photos and nearly knocking down the picture frame.

"I wanted to overtake this body, but at the moment she offered it to me.....it just felt wrong. Did I go back to my stupidly soft old self when she stopped rejecting me?"

Although she asked it out loud, it's obvious there's no response to her. This only adds to Tirpitz's frustration the more she has to talk to herself rather than seek someone's wisdom who wouldn't jeopardize her current state.

"No.....from the beginning, I knew she couldn't make it but she wanted to live - the exact opposite of me. It was easier to take over once she died, but I ended up prolonging her life. At that time, why did I act without thinking?"

Tirpitz further burrows herself in neverending confusion while she wraps her arms on the desk and rests her head on top of it. She lazily grabs the nearest photo on her reach, the one with her and Bismarck on it. This fills her with regret she couldn't admit because the person in question isn't there to ease her worries and doubts.

"Hmph. To think there were moments, my softer side tends to resurface. Not all of me died.....or maybe it's more accurate that I was reminded"

Gently closing her eyes, Tirpitz keeps the memory of seeing her normal safe slowly cracking and fading away. The normal version couldn't see or hear her back then, but the current Tirpitz stands there quietly - watching the other one struggle clinging to life.