If You Can Be Sorry, I Can Understand Pt.2

"Last one, Briggan and then we're going inside. It's getting late and dinner's probably gonna be served soon."

As he spoke, Conor threw the tree branch far down the hill. Briggan shot after it and when Conor couldn't see him any more he sat down on the hill. The wind rustled around him, twirling his hair with it as it danced down to the ocean. He leaned back and closed his eyes. If only I could stay out here forever...

Footsteps, and then a shadow was looming over him. Opening his eyes, he was met with Rollan, his brown eyes seemed concerned but when Conor voiced as much, he huffed and flopped down beside him. They were silent for a while. Glancing to his side, he tried to find the rhyme and reason as to why Rollan was there. His eyes were closed, hands folded behind his head.

He assumed that he wanted to say something but after a few minutes, Conor decided he didn't want to after all and not wanting to make it awkward, he got up to leave. He was just going to call Briggan when he felt a hand close around his wrist. He spun around to see Rollan sitting hunched over, his grip on Conor tight but also loose at the same time; giving him the option to leave. It was silent for a moment before Rollan sighed. "Wait..."

Conor raised an eyebrow in question. Rollan bristled. "Oh, don't look at me like that, sheep boy; just sit a minute, will ya?" Conor reluctantly did so. He scratched his neck "I'm not great with words but,I wanted to apologise for being rude. It wasn't very fair of me and I guess I kind of understand why you handed it over." "But yea, sorry."

Conor said nothing. The wind rushed between the two of them and down the hill, filling the remaining silence. Eventually, Conor smiled. Briggan had returned from his journeys and sat patiently waiting. "Someone put you up to this huh?"

"Oh, shut it," Rollan turned his head away. "I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to have a wolf chasing me down in the middle of the night."

"What was that?"

"Nothing..."

Conor stood up then, brushing his pants down. "Well," He then extended his hand for Rollan to take. He did. He hauled Rollan to his feet before continuing, "I think, we need to go inside and get some dinner."

Rollan looked at him and smirked. "That is something I can agree with." And if they walked to the castle, if anyone saw a very pleased big blue eyed wolf slink into a certain human bonded to Essix's room; well, they wouldn't say a word.