"What makes you think I don't?" he asks, pulling my head back to face him.

"Luke, you barely know me. I'm nothing but a worthless fan." I spit out, trying to contain my emotions.

"Why in hell do you think you're worthless? You're fucking perfection, Charleigh, and it's a privilege to be sitting in this elevator with you."

"Shut up! I am nothing compared to you! You barely know me! I don't understand how you could feel this way about a piece of literal trash."

"That kiss last night says otherwise."

Well that shut me up.

You got me there, Hemmings. Little shit.

The elevator door flies open, and the pizza guys hands us the pizza, running straight for the hotel door.

"We didn't even pay." Luke says.

"I know. He must be really freaked out." I reply, hugging the pizza tightly to me, and pressing the door-shut button.

As we pass floor fifteen, Luke speaks. "You're explaining this bullshit to me when we get upstairs."

"What bullshit?" I say, looking him dead in the eye.

"The 'I'm a worthless piece of trash' bullshit." He says, mocking me.

"I have nothing to explain. It's true. I have no redeeming qualities."

He doesn't respond. He just huffs, and turns the other way.

When we reach the top floor, security is everywhere. Holding back crazed fans, and looking quite frustrated. "Please hurry." One of them shouts.

Luke and I run for the door. I slide in the key card, and we both run in, shutting the door behind us.

"Finally!" Michael exclaims, snatching the pizza box from me, and plopping down on the bed. Luke grabs my wrist, hauls me into the bathroom, and shuts the door behind him. I sit down on the toilet, and avoid his gaze.

"Look at me, Char." He says softly, grazing my cheek with the palm of his hand.

I can feel the sincerity running through his veins, and I impulsively turn my head and look at him. "What, Luke."

"Why are you acting like this?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Obviously if you're acting like this, you need to tell someone." He says, sitting on the floor in front of me.

"It was in the past, and I'm trying to forget it." I say, trying to push the oncoming tears back into my eyes.

"Char, I like you. I don't want to make you feel like this."

"Luke, this isn't something I just spill to everyone I meet. This is personal, and I'm not comfortable talking about it."

He runs a hand through his quiff, and grabs me by my hips, pulling me into his lap. "Fine. If you're not gonna talk, I will. Charleigh Danielle Hansen, and by the way I only know that from your Instagram bio, you are one of the most extraordinary girls I've ever met. I feel like I can really be myself around you. You're so lively, and free thinking, and just fucking cool. You make me happier than a lot of other people have. I don't understand why, but you just do. I've honestly never felt this way about any other girl before. I don't understand why, but Charleigh, I feel like I'm gonna lose you, and I really don't want to."

I let the tears fall freely from my eyes this time, burying my face into his chest. "I'm not going to go into extraordinary detail, but I'll try to give you some insight. Ever since my dad left us, my mom has blamed me. She's been.." I gulp, and breathe in deeply, trying not to cry. "Abusing me." I lift up my shirt, and show him a large scar on my stomach. "She hasn't been doing it as much, but back then it was bad. My stepdad, also my brother's dad, hates me. He didn't come with us this time on vacation, and I'm thankful he didn't."