f o u r

*warning: this part discusses abuse and sexual assault

//CHARLEIGH//

"We've literally been waiting for the pizza for like two hours." Michael complains. I groan, and throw a pillow at him.

"Be patient."

"I can't. I'm fucking hungry."

I'm startled by the hotel phone ringing, and I answer it, my voice a bit too harsh than I meant. "Hello?"

"Ms. Hansen? Did you order a pizza?" he asks.

"Yes. Is it here?"

"It's definitely here, but your room is completely surrounded by screaming girls."

Fuck. "I'll come down and get it myself."

"Okay." I hang up the phone, and throw on some shoes, heading for the door.

"Where you going?" Michael and Luke ask at the same time.

"Apparently the entire floor is covered in screaming girls." I say back. "The pizza guy couldn't get up here."

"Wow, okay. You have fun trying to get downstairs."

"Yeah. I will." I sneer, walking toward the door. How the hell could we have not heard them all? As my hand reaches for the door, I feel a hand press against the small of my back. I turn around to find Luke, smirking. "I'm going with you."

"No. They're going to literally clobber you. Stay here." I say, pushing him back with my other hand.

"I'm not letting you go out there by yourself, Char. I'll be fine." He flashes me a bright smile, and I reluctantly open the door.

They are everywhere.

Luke pulls his hoody up over his head, and pulls the draw strings, covering his beautiful face. I close the door behind me, and we begin to weave our way through the crowd. I'm surprised they haven't noticed us yet, but its pretty obvious it's Luke.

Any Luke girl would recognize that lip ring anywhere.

Once one of them recognizes him, they all will. I have to stay positive though, having Luke Hemmings attached to your hip is pretty damn nice.

The girls all seem so disoriented, wandering around like stray puppies. It's quite pathetic though, their next concert isn't for another three months, but it's at a pretty cheap price. I was honestly going to go to that one after yesterday, but given the fact that I get to spend a few days with the boys, I could care less.

One girl attempts to pull down Luke's hood, but he pulls it back up, and continues to walk, his hand never leaving mine.

"Oh my gosh! It's Luke!"

And they were off.

I couldn't tell exactly how far we were from the elevator, but given the amount of girls chasing us, it didn't matter. I had to protect this boy the best I could. I grab his hand, and pull him along, just barely missing stray hands fighting their way towards Luke's grasp. We finally reach the elevator, and shut the door, taking a chunk of a brunette's hair with us.

Luke sits on the elevator floor, bringing his knees to his chest, panting. "You okay?"

I laugh, and sit down next to him. "I could ask you the same question."

"I'm cool." He starts, brushing a stray hair out of my face. "I was so worried about you."

I feel my cheeks heat up, and I turn my blushing face away. "You don't mean that."