Chapter - 1 : A Brother And A Sister (Part - B)

Start from the beginning

"Anu! You know how it is. Mujhe mazaa nahi aata. Yeh jo tum bolti rehti ho...haan....Hitlerpanti karne mein. Us waqt tumhari jagah koi aur bhi hota toh main waise hi react karta.

Wahi consequences hote unkeliye bhi. I can't be partial" He tried explaining. He really didn't want her to be upset on the eve of Rakhi, especially not because of him.

"But aap partial toh hote ho. Mere saath zyada strict ho aap. You never let anything slide if it's my mistake" She sulked and pouted.

Abhimanyu couldn't believe his eyes. She was about to turn 25 to cry out loud.

"Pyaar bhi toh tumse zyada karta hoon. Strict ho bhi jaata hoon toh compensate bhi karta hoon na.....

Ghar mein jakar mere bare mein mere hi bachon se complaint karti ho aur tumhari galti keliye mujhe unse baatein sun ne milte hain.

Woh sab jaane deta hoon na. Yeh sab count nahi hoga. Hain na?" He taunted her again. She shrugged and gave a sheepish smile.

"Ok. Fine. Aap sahi ho aur mein hamesha ki tarah, nautanki. Maine maan liya. But thank you Bhai... for being you and for being there for me in ways I didn't know I needed.

Rohan is everything to me but aap family ho. I can't imagine my life without you. Thank you for accepting my Rakhi. Mujhe jhelne keliye aur jhelte hi rehne keliye thank you"

She spoke emotionally. Abhimanyu blinked back the tears that threatened to spill.

"Ab jao aur kaam pe lag jao. I don't want to cancel my reservations again. Kahi tumhare so called Hitler ko phir koi mauka na miljaye" He sassed.

"Excuse me! Woh humare Hitler hain. Sirf Birla Hospital ke staff hi unhe aise bula sakte hain. Outsiders ki itni majaal ki woh hamare samne unhe Hitler bole!" She showed mock anger, and they broke into laughter.

"I will make a move now and Bhai!...the surprise better be worth it because you are making me wait a lot" She kind of gave an ultimatum.

"Teri toh..." Abhimanyu tried to get back at her but she ran immediately, not before shouting out an "I love you Bhai! Happy Raksha Bandhan." Abhimanyu also chuckled at her spunk. 

Anahita loved him as a brother, and he returned the love in 10 folds. He sealed the deal when he convinced his parents to do her KANYADAAN, making her his sister in every earthly way possible. The closer they got, the more liberties she took, and the harsher Abhimanyu's responses became.

When he told her that she was to train to be the Administrator in his absence she was thrilled. She loved the idea of being the InCharge and that gave her Boss Woman vibes initially. But once she realized how tough the job is, her respect for her Bhai increased in leaps and bounds. She could clearly see why he behaved in the way he did. That toned down her bratty attitude a lot and the more responsible she became, the more relaxed Abhimanyu became.

She never had anyone lovingly admonish her all throughout her life and when she got one, she kept pushing to gather as many memories as she possibly could. But when she realized that she could make better memories by easing him up, she resorted to that.

That's the only reason Abhimanyu mellowed down. With Anahita in the scheme of things, he could rely on her, and life became a lot easier for him on the work front. That responsible side of Anahita brought the friendly Abhimanyu Birla out which only Rohan had access to till then. She had a tough time warming up to the new changes and was often taken aback by how relaxed Abhimanyu was.