Egyptian Cotton was what Lyssa had felt skim across her skin as she embraced a fistful of the duvet to pull it towards herself, inhaling the scent of fresh, uncontaminated fabric worth a king's random to fit such a wide bed.

An invigorating floral fragrance circulated her nasal passage, seamlessly fresh and equally as captivating, as Lyssa had found that she was practically suffocating herself with the duvet she had pulled over her face.

Jasmine, lily, rose.

Lyssa closed her eyes hazily as she attempted to identify everything she smelt. These scents turned the blackness of her shielding eyelids into a dreamy illustration of a wildflower-ridden garden, similar to Saltburn's.

Lyssa could even hear, faintly, the sound of the gentle summer breeze whisking through the air, carrying the succulent scent of the nearby plants that fermented in the air.

The hum of the pollenating bumblebees that terrorised her previously as they craved her sweet mimosa as much as she had, and the echoing of the woodpeckers that pricked the elderly oak trees, that had matured along with Saltburn.

Musk. Sandalwood. A relishing warmth that swelled Lyssa's senses with soundness.

An intimate warmth, a dear scent. Familiarity, easement upon the current sensations she was feeling.

Not just from so suddenly being unbraced again by the boy she was so fond of she had to ignore when she was at her all-time low, or her brother's death.

But from the rest of what qualified as the outside world.

But Lyssa didn't want to dwell on something that she'd already surrendered so much of her time and effort towards before so, so many times.

She chose in the moment to be appreciative that she were here, welcomed by the encirclement of Saltburn.

To be appreciative that she was with Felix, and Farleigh.

To be tolerated in this pedigree family, in which her nor her discoloured past belonged - for it would tarnish such prestigious image that the Catton's relentlessly nurtured.

She continued to furl her body that was sheltered by the fragrant covers, for a heaviness began to anchor down her eyelids, and take away her consciousness - crashing her train of thought upon it's infinite tracks.

"Lyssa?," Felix's voice became known to the room, however, Lyssa was too drowsy to lever her head above the covers.

She faintly heard him chuckle, realising that the teenage-girl sized impression under the covers was the Sol girl.

The bed declined downwards slightly, intense tension compressed the mattress springs as Felix sat down wearily at the end of the bed.

He looked downwards at the fatigued girl beneath the bedcovers, all smiles from her behaviour - how quickly her mannerisms changed from electric hostility to utter, blatant exhaustion.

"Are you awake?," He feebly muttered, so that if she were in a slumber he weren't to startle or awaken her.

Lyssa let out a lengthy groan of dwindling consciousness that answered his question.

"I'm pretty sure you're like, the first person to sleep in this bed in like twenty years. Let alone touch it."

"I can tell," Lyssa rasped, "Smells divine."

Felix chuckled at her comment, reaching over to where the duvet had congealed above her covered head and peeling it downwards, revealing the cocooned girl.

"Fuck off, Fe!" Lyssa grumbled, attempting to snatch back the covers, "I'm so tired, I haven't felt this comfortable in a bed in a long time."

"What do you mean?"