ENÉA.

MINOTAUR
noun [ C ]
UK /ˈmaɪ.nə.tɔːr/ US /ˈmɪn.ə.tɔːr/
"A CREATURE THAT IS HALF MAN, HALF BULL."
•     •     •
'imprisoned in a Labyrinth at Knossos on the Aegean island of Crete.'

-

The Minotaur is a myth that symbolises our deepest fears and desires.

Lurking in the shadowy Labyrinth of consciousness, the creature reflects humanity's complex nature as individuals.

A mixture of animalistic desires and godly aspirations.

The Minotaur, as much of a realistic, undeniably accurate embodiment of a moral as it was - It was also a killer.

Consuming his victims who consisted of prisoners who'd gotten themselves trapped within the Labyrinth.

Devouring them for sustenance.

Oliver Quick was a Minotaur.

Minotaurs were deemed so aggressive that it had become alienated, unable to live within greek society.

Everything made sense.

Oliver Quick stood out like a sore thumb.
Not only did he have trouble establishing basic relationships that didn't involve self-consumption,

He had estranged himself from his parents, his home, his entire past he'd fabricated into a hoax used as an initiator to establish relationships with people who he could manipulate into giving him exactly what he wanted.

Oliver had played the pitiful, tragic role of a product of a broken home life - wound up and conjured the perfect lure for someone riddled with an outrageous saviour complex that they couldn't help themselves.

Felix.

Oliver had began to tie his netted, foolproof plan together at the ends, tightly. Felix was practically bound at the wrists and ankles with the rope of Oliver's lies and exploitation.

However, he hadn't realised that by inviting the Minotaur into their home - their Labyrinth - he'd condemned his entire bloodline to an abhorrent series of unexplainable and cataclysmic epidemic of death.

And it would start with Felix.

And end with Felix.

Felix's oblivion was his Achilles' Heel. And Oliver had already sawed straight through it.

Felix was just too Naive to realise because he was so enamoured with the fact that he'd supposedly found someone who'd ticked all his platonic boxes.

Shame it was deliberate - a product of Oliver's intensive observation and routinely studying - his talent for being able to construct faultless, specific personalities to harmonise with his victims - to gain their trust.

Oliver was a Minotaur.
And he was famished of human flesh.
And he was also actively plotting on how to get his fix of a lifetime.

Yet, while the Minotaur's disguise had gotten him invited by Icarus into his home, his Labyrinth -

The sun shone blissfully unaware of how Icarus' undying infatuation with herself and the incognito Minotaur had embarked him on a expedition that would send him plummeting into a moana of demise - his entire family paying the price.

For he, under supervision by the Minotaur, had become a victim of his own Labyrinth - an inmate in his own home.

If only Lyssa had known all this when she had bumped into this Minotaur in the corridors of Saltburn.