DEKAEPTÁ.

JUNE FOURTEENTH,
TWO THOUSAND AND SIX.

˚₊‧ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

To say that Lyssa Sol was furious with Felix Catton for last night's play of events was a dire understatement.

For she had to restrain herself from screaming out of frustration the second she shut her chamber door behind her last night.

Instead, to channel these emotions, she settled for dramatically dragging her back down the door, drawing her knees to her chest, and repeatedly rammed her forehead into her kneecaps while whispering profanities.

For this was the first time Lyssa Sol had felt as though she'd lost one of her mind games, and although she tasted a dangerous sense of euphoria in the moment, the aftertaste was bitter and ever so lightly embarrassing.

Is this how Felix usually feels around me? She paused to smirk at the thought.

For the only rewarding feeling Lyssa was blessed with that night was being able to enshroud herself once again in the same bed she swore was a vessel of transport straight to heaven.

Or what Lyssa thought heaven was like.

Safety, warmth.

Felix Catton.

"God, Felix Catton." She muttered to herself through gritted teeth. Cursing his name, almost.

For the only way she would dissolve this feeling of being utterly humbled by the boy who she found to be her easiest target to humble herself was to send herself into a deep slumber.

So, she crept out of her quarters to ask Venetia for yet another favour - promising to repay her with a bottle of fine wine and a box of cigarettes next time she visited.

"You need sleeping pills?," Venetia sneered, "What makes you think that I have any?"

"We don't have to have our previous conversation again, do we?" Lyssa shrugged, gently crossing her arms - hands resting loosely on her forearms.

"-I know you do."

Venetia hesitated, before turning away and crouching down to shuffle around in a set of drawers.

She reluctantly handed Lyssa the pills - two circular tablets that were slightly yellowed in colour.

"These better not be spiked." Lyssa joked, causing Venetia to let out an amused scoff.

"I wouldn't waste such resources on you."

She retorted, watching as I closed her bedroom door as I turned to leave.

After taking the pills, all Lyssa Sol could do was pray that she'd have a undisturbed sleep that euthanised her thoughts.

"What're you doing up, Lyssa?"

A voice transcended upon Lyssa, who thought she was utterly unaccompanied in the darkened corridor.

"Antler boy." She nodded before she could turn to see his face, for his sharp accent was the most obvious giveaway.

"What're you doing up?" She fired back, now properly turned to face him, "Why's everyone in this place up so late?"

"It's hardly late, Lyssa." He chuckled, pivoting his wrist towards himself to check the time that read on the face of his watch.