DÍO.

LABYRINTH
noun [ C ]
UK  /ˈlæb.ə.rɪnθ/ US  /ˈlæb.ə.rɪnθ/
"CONFUSING PATH / SITUATION"
•         •          •        
'a confusing sequence of connecting passages or paths in which it is easy to get lost.'

-

JUNE TENTH,
TWO THOUSAND AND SIX.

"Ah! Lyssa, baby - welcome!,"

A lean, cocksure boy greeted her smugly at the entrance of Saltburn - he watched her indefinitely as she shimmied past the congregations of people and the watchmen stationed at the doors.

"Farleigh, my pleasure." She nodded shortly back, a playful grin materialising on her features as she carefully placed a chaste kiss on his cheek.

"How we've missed you! It's been dreadfully quiet around here recently." He attempted to converse, however it earned himself a suspicious glance from the Sol girl.

"We? Venetia thinks I'm a cow," Lyssa brazenly replied, "And I haven't bothered conversing with Felix since first year."

Farleigh sighed defeatedly, he knew she was correct regarding Felix and Venetia and their relationships.

"Fine. By 'we' I mean myself - however I wouldn't be surprised if Elspeth serenades you if she sees you're here."

Farleigh had been the only Saltburn resident Lyssa had maintained a relationship with.

She wasn't entirely sure on why this was, her only explanation being that her and Felix met during the introduction week at Oxford last summer, and had naturally grown apart socially since.

"Well," She diverted the conversation that had too much of a lack in substance to continue,

"Where's the wine?"

He replied with a broad smile.

"Over here," Placing his arm over her feathered shoulders, he conducted themselves to one of the various drawing rooms on the ground floor.

The high-class furnished interior was vandalised heinously with hundreds of bottles scattered across every possible surface - it's profligate presentation tinted youthfully - sinisterly, with coloured strobes of light that shifted accordingly to the rhythm of the music.

Perfect by Mason damned the previously stale air of the mansion, so intensely Lyssa swore she was observing the structure vibrating as each beat polluted the air.

The usual hushed ambience of the uninhabited, unloved spaces was now overcome with bundles of Oxford students looking to have a good time.

Presence - watching eyes in every crevice, Lyssa compared the layout of the interior similarly to their Labyrinth in the garden.

Doorways, pillars, and many vomit-stained bespoke herringbone floors later, they reached the kitchen in use.

Although Lyssa already begun to feel lightheaded from the scent of the external secretion of hormones and lust that had become pungent in the air - it had begun to absorb into her skin, making it slightly damp to the touch.