Jay starts violently strumming the guitar, standing up from his seat and bopping his head in no rhythm. Nya stands up with him while clapping her hands to the beat.

  The people sing all together (well, mostly drunkenly shouting the words) as they repeat the same verse with the merry young captain.

  It wouldn’t be a surprise to come across a royal guard banging on the doors at this point. The tavern trumpets aloud as the full moon shines atop.

  Though, Lloyd has made sure that they should be alright with whatever the noise they could make as they mercilessly rip their vocal chords.

  Why? Because they had just finished making a good distraction in the empire’s public market.

  Short story is that approximately an hour ago, in chronological order: Nya fake fainted. The Bounty’s crew gathered a crowd. Grew the said crowd. Stirred up the crowd’s words. Made them argue about taxes and abortion. Left the mob rallying toward the castle with torches and spears.

  And are now wasting themselves in a tavern. 

  Huzzah!

  Oh, and Cole and Kai went to proceed with their mission.

  As the drunkards joyously sing and set themselves loose to the song, a maiden nears her lover. “Shame the boys aren’t here to rave with us,” whispered Pixal while clapping.

  “Don’t worry, Rocky and Kai should be on their way back as we speak…” Zane trailed off.

  “I say that’s a pretty ironic sentence, Mr. Snake.” Nya nudges the albino’s side as she maintains her vigorous claps.

  Zane shakes his head. “Yeah, I noticed after saying it.”

  “I guess we should worry more if they’re early,” joked Pixal.

  A lighthearted chuckle. He nods to agree.

  Of course they’re late.

  “I still can’t believe we appointed them for the gig in the castle.” Nya shakes her head at the thought of the two. They’re both capable bullet biters alright, and could probably pull it off without worrying others.

  But the two of them together?

  Oh, blow her down…

  “Don't haul on the rope, don't climb up the mast,

  If you see a sailing ship it might be your last,

  Just get your civvies ready for another run-ashore,

  A sailor ain't a sailor, ain't a sailor anymore!”

  SLAM!!

  The door breaks open . Cole drags Kai out with him by the collar of his shirt as the two slip and zoom out of the castle kitchen, leaving a knocked out maid with a dented frying pan on the ground.

  "You absolute mad-dog, I didn't think ye'd take it seriously!"

  "She was getting on my nerves okay?! That bitch," violently barked Kai as he stumbled to keep up with Cole's pace.

  He adjusts his grip on the heavy case slung over his shoulders, almost slipping on his feet in the process.

  "I don’t think that was necessary?!" Cole shifts his hand from Kai's collar to his back, supporting the brunet stumbling again.