Breathtaking Stare

Sometimes it's difficult to describe a person. Nathaniel Carter was one of those people. An alcoholic and a chain smoker with anger issues, he knows how to keep his lungs black like his own self.

He don't know why he still come to this cafe, even after knowing she doesn't like him which he expected from her. But there was something about her which attracted him more than anything. The way she smiles at everyone makes him do anything to see her smile for him.

That day when he helped the little girl, he wouldn't have but the way she cried, he told her to sit at the chair next to him, he still doesn't know what made her think that he is an angel coming from heaven, she didn't left him alone at all. Wherever he went she followed him, he didn't say anything just took care of her because she kind of reminded him of someone from the past whom he loved with dearly.

Nathaniel heart stopped beating when Aria made her way towards him, he sweared to all the gods he knew, when they started at each other his heart burst with happiness and all he wanted was time to stop and then to stay forever. Was it to much to ask for?

But it hurt him when Aria didn't talked to him, he was dying to hear her voice. He never heard her speaking with anyone, he bet that's its first time Aria ever saw his face.

He scoffs at the thought, all these months of waiting and all he got was to see her from this close only for a few moments.

Nathaniel always made sure to come with no smell of alcohol or any smell of cigarettes, he didn't wanted her to know him as a person he resent himself. He wanted her to see him as a person he dreamed for her to be with, someone good with no bad.

But it seemed like God was never on his side. She didn't like him at all which made Nathaniel anguish at himself for being such a person whom she never wanted to be with, he is trying everyday but those cravings always win.

And when she didn't come back after taking his order, Nathaniel understood it was just a formality she did or her friend forced her to come to him. Chuckling sadly, he left the cafe hurriedly.

Whenever he felt sad, or hurt by something or missed her all Nathaniel did was to get drunk to numb all his sadness away. Today he would do the same thing. Numb the pain away.

And this time he promised to never come back to her.

-----------

Aria felt sad when she saw him leaving early. He always used to wait for her to finish her shift. He would sit beside her at the bus stop in silence. Aria was kind of glad that he would be with her, sometimes some drunk people would make her uncomfortable but with him beside her, she somewhat felt safe.

"You sad?" Liya asked her as Aria kept the apron back to its place.

Frowning at her words, "no, I'm not. It's not like I told him to stay".

"You're a bad liar you know that?" Liya exclaimed.

Before they could talk more, liya got a call.

"Hello?"

"It's me, who is this? The person whose this phone belongs to, where is he?" Aria looked at her as Liya got angry at the person's answer.

"Yeah I'm coming" she hung up.

"What happened?" Aria asked.

"I swear one day I'll kill him, it's Thomas.....he's making a scene in the club and someone took his phone and called as he keep on saying my name" she said.

"Ari, I have to go. Please come with me"

Aria's eyes widen at her surprise request. Clubs are something she never went to, shaking her head Aria declined her request.

"please Ari.....I can't do this alone...please"

Aria never liked clubs and most importantly Thomas, he always cheated on Liya and Liya always forgived him saying she loves him and he will change. They would always break up and then get back together.

It's not love. It's just a game they believe one day someone will win either by controlling the other one or one losing oneself for other one.

"Please Ari...."

Sighing at her words, aria nodded in yes.

This one time.

-----------------------------------------------

Hope you liked the chapter, I'll try to publish next chapter soon.

Please comment on how you liked the chapter.

Vote, share and give it lots of love. It would mean a lot to me.

Till then take care. Bye.

-----------------------------------------