Date Night part 3

Start from the beginning

"You still on for tonight?" Archie leaned closer to me to whisper in my ear. "'Thirteen reasons why' is waiting for our marathon." 

"Can't wait. I'll be at yours at 7." I answered and gave him a quick peck on the lips before my head back into my best friends right. She and Jug were laughing together as he tried to steal her food. 

"You have your own pizza!" She whisper yelled, still loud enough for me to understand it. 

Jug proceeded to try and steal her food but Betty slapped his hands away with a giggle, which Jug reacted to quickly and grabbed both her hands with one of his. 

She squealed. "That's not fair!" But Jug already grabbed a piece of her pizza and took a bite. 

I couldn't hide a grin at the two dorks in front of me and from one moment to another my eyes widened at what had been in front of me for so long, but I never noticed. 

I had to talk to Betty as soon as possible! 

__

Torture, or what adults liked to call it, school, was finally over and I was no waiting in front of B's classroom. 

The door swung open and they all stormed into the hallways. I couldn't blame them. 

Betty was always one of the last ones. She left the room together with Jug by her side. 

She embraced me and the three of us started to walk to Betty's but Jug had to go to sunny side trailer park so at half way he said goodbye and Betty and Jughead hugged each other quickly before he walked the other direction. 

That was my chance. 

"Soooo...." I stated after a few minutes. "You and Jughead?" 

A grin appeared on Betty's face. I knew it! 

"What? 'Jughead and I' We're best friends, you know we are." 

Seriously? We're playing that game now? 

"Don't even start that way! Everyone can see that there's more." I started. "If you would've told me about you two, I'd never have introduced you to these guys!" 

"What?! Oh my God, Ronnie!" She started laughing. "I'm telling you, there's nothing going on between me and Jughead." 

"You promise me?" 

"Yes. Yes, of course. God!" She was still laughing. 

"And...would you want it to be more?" 

A few seconds of silence followed before she answered with a "no." But the seconds of hesitation were answer enough for me. 

Jughead's POV
I was watching the just new released season of "Anne with an E" Before you judge me, watch that show it's amazing! As I got sucked out of my thoughts by a light knock on the door. 

I paused Netflix and stoop up, groaning, to make my way to the front door of my father's trailer. 

To my surprise, there stood Veronica. What the hell was she doing here? 

"What are you doing here?" 

"Nice to see you, too, Jones. Can I come in?" 

I stepped aside to let her in. So she did and made her way right into our living room...I mean it has a couch and TV so it's a living room. 

"Not to be rude, but what exactly are you doing here?" 

She stopped in her tracks to turn to me. "You love Betty, right?" 

"Of course. She's my best friend." I answered confused. "Why are you asking?" 

"You know what I mean. You lover her more as in a friend, don't you?" 

I opened my mouth to refuse her but all that came out was a stuttered "N-no, she's my best friend." 

Veronica made a few steps towards me. "Then look me in the eyes and tell me, you only love Betty Cooper as your best friend and nothing more." 

"Where is this even coming from? Why do you show up at my house at this time, interrupt me during my show, to ask me such a question?" I dodged her task. 

"Because, Jughead, it's obvious and you two are just like made for each other! I know you love her and I can tell she loves you back. Why not give it a shot?" 

"First of all, I never said I loved her that way. Secondly, what makes you so sure she feels that way and third, what if you're wrong? It would destroy our friendship." 

"But you do, right? You love her." 

I started at her, knowing if I answered her, there was no coming back. "I do." I nodded. 

"Oh how much I loved her. Whenever she had that smile on her face, I just wanted to grab her and kiss the breath out of her." 

"See, and it's so clear that she loves you too." 

"What if not?" 

"You need to be more optimistic! What if yes? You two would be the cutest couple I could imagine and Betty always dreamt of a love story like in books. What could be more romantic than a relationship out of best friendship. 

She had a point. 

"So, will you give it a shot? Or will you miss the chance to be with the perfect girl for you?" 

This was all so out of the blue. I never thought about actually telling Betty how I felt. 

Of course I thought about how it would be, if we would have started dating but I never thought this could maybe become reality at some point. 

"I-I have to think about it."