Part 7: The Future

Start from the beginning

Ritsuka: "Uhm is it Romani?"

As the words hung in the air, a bewildered expression crossed Da Vinci's face. Her brows furrowed, and her eyes squinted slightly, as if she's trying to figuring out who that is.

Da Vinci: Who.... Oh wait Romani yeah I guess he's waiting to but he's not important. The girl and that man..."

No doubt about it she's talking about (Y/n) and Mash...

Ritsuka: "Right uhm see ya I guess."

Leaving the room I felt something strange inside of me, the door whispering closed behind me with a soft click. The atmosphere shifted from the warmth of the infirmary I had occupied, and I found myself standing in a long cold corridor.

My gaze wandered, Thoughts raced through my mind, each step allowed me to think about what happened. We were at there we just made it to the end then....

It all fell apart at the last moments.

_____Flash Back_____

As we make our way up the hill I feel the watch on my wrist vibrate. Stopping in our tracks the group looks to me as I pull back my sleeve. Romani is trying to contact me.

Romani: "Hey Ritsuka?... You there?"

Ritsuka: "Yep what's the problem."

Romani: "Heh No problem this time in fact I have some good news. I don't know what you did but Singularity F is no longer a problem."

Ritsuka: "That's great to hear anything else?"

Romani: "From these readings the enemy saber should've dropped a crystal of sorts. That would be the cause of this whole problem."

Ritsuka: "Right."

As the conversation continued, the air grew thick with anticipation. Suddenly, a mysterious figure emerged from the shadows, their silhouette shrouded in darkness.

???: "Well, I didn't expect you'd get this far. I don't know whether to be surprised you exceeded my expectations or livid that you have lasted this long."

The voice emerged from the depths of the shadows with an unsettling cheerfulness that sent a chill down my spine. Its tone was deceptively warm, as if every syllable was meticulously crafted to evoke a sense of friendliness.

"Master Candidate 48#. It seems I was mistaken to believe you to be frivolous"

The figure revealed themselves and they were wearing a green long coat and a stylish top hat. Wait this is-

Mash: "Professor Leff?!"

Looking over to my side I see that Mash has awakened from her rest. Turning back I reconfirm to myself that the man standing atop is indeed Professor Leff. But how did he get here?

Romani: "Leff! Did you say Leff?! He's there?"

Leff: "Hmm is that Romani I hear? Hah So he survived as well. Funny enough I told him to come to the command room immediately, but it seems like he didn't listen. Honestly-

The corners of his lips curled upward, stretching into a malevolent smile that defied the laws of human expression. The skin seemed to strain against it, as if the very muscles beneath rebelled against this distorted smile.

Leff: "Trash who can't even follow orders. Just the mere sight of it makes me want to throw up."

His eerie tone was replaced with venom laced in every word. Such a sudden change made me question if this is the same man who greeted me not too long ago.