Did I Miss Something?

Narrator: We all got secrets. Some still remain a part of our past, and others relate to our present time.

"Sleep is for suckers." I heard Smiles whisper in my ear as he playfully pulled my cover over my head.

I looked at him with a tired smile. Then I stood up in his guest bed to say the dumbest thing, "Well if sleep is for suckers, being awake is for the living."

"Good one." One of the friendly ghost said giving me a down low hand five.

We all laughed then the conversation switched. Was it just me or was Smiles actually becoming all lovey dovey towards me? I decided not to buy into it, so I picked out a outfit for today out of the closet and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Then afterwards, I going to head downstairs with everyone else to eat breakfast. Smiles is an excellent cook.

*Daydream*

Valentine's Day something I don't always look forward to, but this one is different. I'm at home bored sitting in the living room watching a bunch of old love movies "Grease" included. Then I here the door bell ring. I wasn't expecting anyone to come over. So I open the door and find a package with a note on top. It reads" Dearly beloved,

Why does thee count the days when I'm away...

Why do we need to part?

If I stole yours and you stole mines we would equal one big heart♥

Why do we never say never when things can never be the same.

Since the moment I met you I always felt this way.

Truly yours,
Jeremy

*End of daydream*

"Okay that was weird." I said thinking no one would hear me. "Why did I just have a daydream about my best friend loving me? I need to a grip seriously. No more television before bed!"

I sounded alot like my mother saying that.

*Looks up towards the ceiling*

I wonder what they're doing right now

*Meanwhile at my house*

"Natalie it's your turn?" My father said pointing to her deck of cards.

"Oh your right... I'm sorry honey. I'm just thinking about our daughter Asia.
She can be anywhere out there. Alone scared or-" But before she could finish my father began to speak. "She's probably at a friends house. The police told us down at the station they'll be searching for her all over town including for Jeremy, Mr.Ollin's son."

Then after that my mom tried to have fun playing 21.

I miss them. I should probably go home tonight. After I go trick or treating with Jeremy.

*Shakes my head*

I mean Smiles. Am I seriously getting confused with who I like? They act nothing alike. One's very self confident the other well he has a good personality. Maybe I shouldn't like either at least until I figure that out. Yeah that's what I'm going to do. "No boy friend, no problem." After that I got dressed.

*Breakfast time*

I didn't feel like eating anymore. I heard eating when your tense makes you gain weight, so I watched everyone happily gorge down food. Then I went into the the living room which was connected to the dining room. I scanned around the room and found the television. So I was right about the flat screen t.v. The news channel was on. Wow who knew Smiles watches the news. That's when I saw a hand drawn picture of my friend and I. They were looking for us.  Our parents actually cared!

"If you have any information of where they might be, please to hesitate to contact us." Then the news channel went off.

I heard Smiles coming from the dining room. I felt my heart racing. Man I can't believe he does this to me. I tried to hide my smile by putting my legs close to my chest and put down my head. But it wasn't working out. He came and sat by me. I then turned off the t.v.

"Would you like to stay here forever right?"

"Yes it's been wonderful being able to have no curfew, or choices being made for me." I said happily.

"Good because I was wondering if tonight we could hangout together alone... maybe." He grinned.

"Sure what are we going to do." I said curiously as this is my first time I've been alone talking to him.

"It's a secret. You'll find out later tonight." He said laughing.

"Okay Smiles." I managed to say without seeming too excited.

I hope he hasn't caught on that I liked him. Yeah I said liked, it's easier to not pick a side of Smiles vs. Jeremy. But I am looking forward to tonight. The easiest way to make the day go faster is to go to sleep. So I went up stairs to lay down. I saw Jeremy by the door smiling with something in his hands and then my eyes closed.