Truth or Date?

Fireworks blasted across the night sky, boasting their fiery nature, under the cape of light, calm snow, providing a contrast that nearly seemed unreal. I shivered as wind blew through me but I didn't budge from my position and Levi held me up with his hands on my waist when my legs struggled to keep me up.

My senses were dulled and dumbed until all I could feel was Levi whether it was his hands on my waist, his chest pressed against mine, his lips fitting as a part of me, his tongue exploring the cavern of my mouth or his bangs tickling against my eyelids.

His warm breath in my mouth penetrated through my body and spread heat all over me and made me stop shivering. Maybe it was also the comfort of holding his coat over my shoulders. His divine smell entered my body through my nose, simply from the sheer comfort he provided me.

The moment when Levi held me as his one and only, treating me with gentle care and a soft kiss no one besides me could be fortunate enough to receive felt like eternity, and then again, faster than a blink of an eye. Infinite, yet infinitesimally small. Something I could never get enough of no matter what.

The kiss got slower before Levi parted from me. I kept my eyes tightly shut for another few moments and the second I opened them, I was met with the most dazzling sight known to humankind or any other species that could ever exist in the infinity of time. Lips parted, cheeks tinted red, the hue perfectly matching with the rose of his lips and eyes drunk even though I remembered him not consuming any alcohol this night. Maybe seeing the mesmerising scene made my blush even deeper, making me feel so hot that I was sweating even in the winter.

Levi removed his hands from my waist and I felt the heat escaping me. He averted his gaze to look at the fireworks and I did the same, my heart racing as my mind replayed the kiss. My thoughts fell into chaos and a stutter broke from within me, attracting Levi's concern. I stuttered on awkwardly because I didn't really have anything to say and if I was pushed on the spot, I was rendered speechless.

I took a deep breath and let my mind race around for a thought to grasp on to, to use in a situation with a silence as heavy as this. Then, for a moment, all went cold as a bulb of realisation went on above my head.

"H-hey," I turned to Levi as he curiously titled his head at me, "So...so, I...won the bet?"

Levi's face transformed into one of utter confusion, waiting for me to enlighten him about what the hell I was going on about.

"I kissed someone before the end of the year," I explained, "I-I kissed you before the day ended."

His face went from one of confusion to one of realisation and then, after a few moments, to one of deeper realisation of the fact that he would not be getting his three hundred dollars and help in a game because of his own lack of self control. He was a second too early.

"I'll still help you find all the sub detection units," I giggled, "Because I've already marked everything on my map. But...I wanna redeem my prize right now."

Levi sighed before flashing a smile that I could only ever dream of witnessing, one I had nearly caught on his face earlier today, "Fine. You win."

Levi only took another second before he pulled me in for another sweet union formed by that kiss; one I wished never ended; one he wished never ended. This kiss was shorter and faster, a bit more comfortable as he pulled me in tighter and I let him, relaxing into him instead of stiffly falling into him like last time.

When we parted, both of our eyes glazed over and cheeks tinted red, smiles at our lips and hands still clasped together, I asked a question-a rather silly pick-up line that hadn't quite made it into my favourites but was still good nonetheless-one that I already knew the answer of.

I took a deep breath and readied myself as a giggle burst through my mouth and Levi watched, amused.

"Truth or date?"

January 1, 2024

- Heliaxa