2 ~ 𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂

𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂

3 days later, Thursday.

I woke up to the sound of my stomach rumbling. I hadn't eaten a full meal in a few days, I just snacked at work occasionally. There was a subtle but noticeable change in my body, but I couldn't keep starving myself so I had a quick shower and brushed my teeth before going downstairs to get something to eat.

It was only 7am, so I still had less than an hour before I had to set off for college.

I cautiously creeped down the stairs and looked to the left seeing my dad and another random lady laying on the couch. I quietly closed the door and walked to the kitchen to find something to eat. I still hadn't gone grocery shopping so I reminded myself to go later today.

I ate some overripe fruit that had been sitting in the kitchen for God knows how long, and some dry crackers. I didn't eat too much as I knew from experience that I would get anxious and throw up.

I jogged upstairs quietly, careful not to make too much noise and wake up my dad and his 'friend'. My dad always got annoyed if I was seen by anyone he knows. He always tells people he doesn't have kids for his reputation or whatever.

Not like I care.

I would tell people I'm an orphan if I could. It would be better than being his daughter, for his and my sake.

I have also never met my mother. My dad told me she died giving birth to me and that now he was 'stuck' with me. Apparently it is a sensitive topic because he hates every time I mention her. It's not like a mention her a lot, but sometimes I just get a little curious about who she was. I mean surely she must have been a nice person, otherwise my dad wouldn't get so mad every time he hears about her.

And I assume she had green eyes and olive skin as I didn't get those characteristics from my father. My dad has brown eyes and is extremely pale so I would assume I got my eye colour and skin colour from my mother. Although I did get my height and hair colour from him. I had golden, hazel coloured, naturally straight hair and it was really thick and long, up to my waist. I was around 5'5. Not the tallest but then again my dad isn't that tall either. He was around 5'10.

I walked into my closet to find something to wear for college. I didn't really care about looking that good anymore, it's not like anyone ever notices. Besides I wasn't planning on wasting my wages on an outfit for school everyday.

I picked out an old jumper and jeans to wear from the small pile of clothes I owned. I pulled my long hair up and twisted it to fit underneath my claw clip.

Once I was done getting ready, I sat on my bed and decided to finish off the last few pages of my big ass history revision book.

Everyday after work I had managed to study a little bit of the book so I was glad that I had almost finished it in time, otherwise who knows what Ms Turrell would do to me.

After finishing the book, I checked my alarm to see it read 7:39. Oh well might as well set off 20 minutes earlier. Better to be early than late like on Monday.

I shoved all my books into my backpack, grabbed my phone and headphones and left to my room. I locked my creaky door behind me and creeped downstairs. The door to the living room was now open and just my dad lay there. I guess the lady must have left.

I slipped on my dirty, white converse before setting off for school. As I was locking my door, I noticed a small crowd at the end of my neighbourhood. I couldn't tell what was going on, but whatever it was obviously wasn't anything good, or legal. I quickly walked past and made my way to school.