Chapter Forty Three

Jennifer

It's been three months, and everything is going fine. Me and Jason decided to call our baby Alex, after his brother who was shot by the police 3 years ago. I'm now 37 weeks pregnant, so one week to go.

I tossed and turned around. I couldnt get to sleep because of the pain in my stomach. I heard Jason groan.

"What's wrong?" He whispered.

"My stomach." I said, he shot up.

"You dont think it's..." I shook my head but immedaitely changed my mind once the pains got worse. "C'mon." Jason quickly through on one of his tops and sweatpants. I felt him pick me up and he immediately dashed to the car.

Jason ran into the hospital.

"I think my girlfriend is in labour." He shouted. Doctors and Nurses immediately rushed to my side and put me on a bed.

"Okay sweetheart, what you need to do is take deep breaths and push as hard as you can." Alyssa said. I nodded.

"Push!" The doctor said and I did as I was told. After about 10 hard pushes the doctor said he can see the head.

"Push really hard baby." Jason whispered in my ear. I did as he told.

"That's it Jennifer, one final push." The doctor said. I pushed as hard as I could then I heard crying. After they got him cleaned up they lay him down in his cot.

"Who is going to cut the chord?" The nurse asked.

"I am." Jason said cutting it. I could see the pure shock on Jason's face. I saw Alex being lifted up by Jason.

"J-Jase can I hold him?" I stuttered a little bit.

"Of course." He said.

"Go see mommy." He whispered in a sort of baby voice. It was so cute. I looked down at my baby boy. He had Jason's eyes.

"He's gorgeous!" I whispered and Jason nodded.

"Jennifer where is my godson?" Jess whispered walking into the room along with Jaden?

"Here." I handed her Alex and I saw Jaden's arms snake around her waist.

"Are you guys...?" I trailed off. Jess smiled and nodded.

"What are you guys calling him?" Jaden asked.

"Alex." Jason replied.

"After your brother?" Jason nodded.

"Jennifer please can we take some details?" A nurse asked walking into the room. They were all just things about Alex.

Alex Matthew McCann

Sunday 9th December 2:56am

7 Pounds 6 ouncez