8

It was like a car crash. When you're not sure if you're alive or not anymore. In that stage when the adrenaline is still master over your body. It's either going painfully slow or too fast to process. And to get rid of the pain you press harder on the wound.

To get rid of any thoughts, Jungkook pulled Taehyung closer. If he had been given a moment by himself, he would've slapped himself for comparing kissing someone to a fucking car crash. Words really weren't his strong suit.

All he wanted now was to kiss Taehyung so hard his mouth would go numb. The older gripped his waist, leaving the other hand to rest on his cheek. Jungkook had no idea what to do with his hands so he just let them fall on the other's chest.

Taehyung broke the intense kiss with a chuckle which made Jungkook laugh, taking his hands and placing them over his shoulders, then found his way back to the younger's mouth. It felt like a kiss from a movie. Jungkook tried imagining it from third person to confirm that theory.

Only then it occured to him that he was kissing his best friend. His best friend who had never shown interest in him that way. His best friend who wasn't gay. Neither of them were.

Neither of them were...

. . .

Jungkook pushed Taehyung off with a force that sent the other stumbling back. He wiped his mouth, still breathing heavily.

Taehyung did not look as surprised as him. He looked at Jungkook and then sighed loudly. "Fuck." It seemed like neither of them could find the words for this.

"I..." Taehyung started, "Happy New Year!" he said before striding to the exit.

"What— Tae!" he didn't bother trying to catch up. Hell, he couldn't be bothered to move away from the wall. His legs felt like they hadn't been used in years, his head was spinning, and he could feel something weird in his mouth. Upon further inspection, the thing in his mouth was the fake lip ring Taehyung had given him.

He cursed loudly, barely noticed by anyone. After managing to calm down, he walked towards the exit too. In the crowd, he actually saw the girl he was supposed to be kissing. She was, however, kissing a girl — her friend who was glaring at him before! They both gave him a thumbs up, all smiley.

At least someone was happy. He was not sure what he was. He didn't feel guilty, or happy. He felt... dirty? Somehow, that was wrong too. He was too overstimulated for anything.

God, he just felt disgusting. He kissed a guy. His guy best friend, at that. That's what he told himself on the way home, but he knew deep inside that if he had the chance, he would jump to kiss him again. It wasn't the fact that he was disgusted; it was the fact that he was scared.

Never in his life had he thought he would come to be scared of gays. He swore he wasn't. That was embarrassing. He was more scared of what he felt. Though, maybe his feelings were quite unclear currently, even if the alcohol in his system seemed to have left.

Everything was unclear. He hadn't even noticed he had been freezing on the way home until he unlocked the door and stepped inside. What was he supposed to do now?

In his room, he checked the mirror and just... damn, he was wrecked. His hair was messy and he wasn't sure if it was because Taehyung had ran his hand through it or if he did it himself. He was still panting too. Then he noticed the lip ring which he put back after the kiss. Why did he even do that?

He took it off and studied it, then it all came rushing back in his head and he forcefully threw it to the side. "Fuck!"  He ran his hands through his hair, not caring anymore, and just walked around the room.

"Was he drunk?" he wondered, "Was I drunk?"

He was sure the alcohol had officially left his system now. If only everything that had happened tonight could go away too. Taehyung didn't seem to regret it, which made it ten times weirder. And Jungkook? He didn't wish to recall it; partly because he knew he enjoyed it when it was happening.

Hell, when he was there, pinned to the wall, kissed all over, he didn't want it to end. It was like another person had taken control of him. A stupid person.

"I need to call him." He reached for his phone. "No." He let it go. "I don't know what the fuck to say." And it should've been Taehyung who called him instead anyway.

And he had just jinxed himself. The phone started ringing.

"Shit," he repeatedly cursed. It was just a phone call, right? He picked up, but couldn't even muster a 'hello'.

"Jungkook?" he heard Taehyung on the other end. Jungkook shut his eyes tightly. It was his sad voice. He never noticed that he knew his best friend's mood by his voice alone.

"Yeah?"

"I uh, I stole some alcohol from the party and—"

"What?" Was that the only thing he wanted to say?

"Yeah, some beer, vodka... even wine. I didn't think they'd bring that. Especially that much." Taehyung chuckled, knowing damn well nothing was funny. Jungkook was sure the tension couldn't be cut with a knife if they tried.
"Anyway, you know both your parents and mine won't be back for another 2 days... And I didn't really manage to get as drunk as I would have liked. I left too early."

Yeah I wonder why, Jungkook thought to himself, almost rolling his eyes.

"No, I get it. Same here."

"Then how about you come over and we completely devour everything? I've still got snacks too. I can't eat all this alone, man." Taehyung whined, attempting once more to relieve the tension, and convince Jungkook.

Obviously, there was no use to whine. Jungkook had never refused his offers.

"I'm... not sure." the younger said, which surprised both of them. "I'll tell you tomorrow, okay?" he didn't even let the other reply, "Great. Bye!"