6

Jungkook's phone had seen it all.

And that could mean many things. At the moment it meant another videocall between Jungkook and his best friend. It was before the New Years Eve party they were supposed to go to. The process Jungkook much loved.

"Brown or black?" he asked, showing two shirts to the camera.

"Who the hell wears brown shirts?" Taehyung's back was facing the phone. They were both in their underwear, calculating every choice together.

"Who the hell wears a tie at a party with teenagers?" the younger asked, huffing.

The older was facing the other way to put on a tie. Why the tie before the shirt or anything else? Why not?

"Only cool and refined guys like me, of course. Take notes." He boasted and turned around.

It was the first time Jungkook thought a tie looked oddly... sensual. Or it was the man wearing it; he was only wearing underwear and that tie.

Jungkook himself was in underwear too, trying to put on his black shirt. "Is that how you plan to seduce a girl in there?" he joked.

Taehyung posed to the camera. "I haven't even thought about it, yet you thought I was trying to flirt."

"Sure you didn't think about it." Jungkook only rolled his eyes while replying.
"I think I'll go full black." He continued, looking at his clothes on the bed.

"I mean-"

"Don't be an idiot now."

Taehyung laughed, the sound not being very clear through the phone's speaker.
"I've heard the other guys joke like that so much, I think I might become like them." When Jungkook made a disgusted sound he laughed again, apologizing. "Don't worry, I won't."

Jungkook turned his back to the phone and put on his pants and shirt. He turned back, combing his hair back with his hand, his lips parted to catch his breath.

His best friend looked like he was in the middle of buttoning up a white shirt but stopped, frozen, staring at the screen. Jungkook thought it was a connection error so he started waving his hand in front of it.

"Hey, is your phone working?"

The other shook his head and proceeded like nothing happened. "Yeah, why?"

"Nevermind... I think I'm done."

"Wait for me in front of your house. I'll text the guys to come pick us up."

The call ended before Jungkook could answer. Were they supposed to be in a rush? Not that it mattered, but at least he got a break from seeing his best friend half-naked.

He checked himself in the mirror. Would he find a nice girl to hang out with at the party? Though, again, he could only think what him and Taehyung would do there. But Taehyung would surely find himself plenty of girls. Jungkook just hoped he wouldn't get bored after his best friend leaves him with one.

He shrugged now, putting on his jacket and  leaving the house. It wasn't like Taehyung would actually spend the whole night with a girl. He would come back eventually because she ended up not being his type—which was very vague, as the two boys had always said they didn't know their own type.

The wave of cold air as he waited outside was nothing new. The winters had always been extremely cold in the east. As he hugged himself to avoid freezing to death, snowflakes surrounded him, landing on his face and the soft ground, already covered in snow from earlier.

"Sorry!" The voice behind him was accompanied by the sound of boots crushing the snow. Taehyung jogged up to him, puffs of warm air leaving his mouth and disappearing into the wintry air.

"I'm gonna freeze if the others don't get here soon I-" Jungkook stopped when the older grabbed his shoulder to hold him steady.

Taehyung rummaged through one of his pockets and pulled out something in his fist. "Stay still. Trust me." He gave a boyish smile. The younger did not move.

He held the younger's chin and put something between his lips. Jungkook's mind was messier than his bedsheets.
But Taehyung had taken his hand back just as fast as he raised it.

The younger tried to feel his lips with his tongue. When it passed by something, he heard Taehyung laugh again.

"It's a fake lip piercing. Just thought it might suit you," he said. He looked at him attentively. "And it sure does. You look..."

The word he was trying to find couldn't seem to come out. But he was saved the effort by a car pulling over next to them. The boys inside, some classmates, were urging them to hurry up.

Taehyung opened the door to let Jungkook get in first, but there was only one free seat.

"You fuckers, there's two of us!" he said.

"Come on, man, who cares? Even the trunk is loaded with 2 others. Say thanks we saved you a seat in the back." As the driver reasoned with them, some greetings were heard from the trunk, which made everyone burst out laughing.

"Damn, ok," Taehyung resigned himself and sat down, patting his lap while looking at Jungkook. "Come up."

"What? Why don't you sit on my lap instead?" Jungkook asked defiantly, but ultimately made it weirder than it was, as the others looked at him in annoyance. "Ok, ok." Huffing, he climbed on Taehyung's lap and shut the door. His head was almost hitting the top of the car, so he leaned back onto the older.

Why must these things happen to him? He felt the older's breath on his neck which sent shivers down his spine. And he was trying very hard not to move around to much. But at this point, he stopped thinking about Taehyung, and instead he thought about how annoying their classmates were, constantly talking shit.

Jungkook adjusted one last time and Taehyung sucked a breath in.
"Sorry" the younger said before settling in a more comfortable position.
At least it wasn't a long drive, even though it felt like it.