The Mysterious Woman (Female Reader X Maria Hill)

Start from the beginning

You ran a hand through your hair before you grabbed a shopping cart. Rubbing your black boots against the welcome mats on the floor, knocking off any excess snow from this past week.

"Let me guess, sports car?"

You nodded into the phone. "Sleek and Black." You smiled and hid a slight blush as you remembered her hand on your thigh the whole drive to your place. "Wow," Darcy said. "Sounds like quite the woman."

She was.

"If only you took the mask off."

"I know." You replied as you found yourself in the toiletries aisle. "It was just so hot and fun not to know who was really underneath." Darcy hummed in agreement. "But gosh, I'd pay to find out who she was."

Darcy thought about that as you turned down the cereal aisle next. "What if you could?" You tilted your head and looked away from the Fruity Pebbles. "What do you mean?"

"What you have two choices. You could either ask who put together the event at work and find a guest list. Or! I could contact my friend Jimmy."

"Jimmy..? Jimmy... Woo? The FBI guy??" You asked, making Darcy smile. "Yeah! We follow each other on Instagram."

You didn't even want to broach that subject. "Darcy-" You shook your head. "Don't contact him. It'll be a waste of time." You could feel the frown on your friend's face.

"But you said she didn't leave you any contact information. I mean, don't you want more?"

You did, and even the mysterious woman did, but as Darcy said, she didn't leave you a way to contact her.

"I'd want it to be organic, not forced." Darcy could see your point but still sighed. "Fine."

"Thank you. Anyway, I'm at the store. Do you need me to grab anything for brunch with Jane next week?"

"Alcohol." Darcy immediately responded. "Darcy." You sighed. "Fine. Grab that and a toy for her kid so it'll leave us alone." You laughed at your friend's hatred of kids. "Come on, her kid could be worse." You said as you turned your cart around to head towards the kids and entertainment section before you continued your grocery shopping.

"Yeah, if we're done talking about your special night, I'm gonna go. I don't wanna talk to you about kids."

You had to give it up for Darcy's bluntness.

"Yeah, I figured. Talk to you later."

"Bye!"

With that, Darcy hung up as you entered the Lego aisle of the store, and just as you were about to start looking at the Hogwarts collections, a kid with red hair ran down the aisle.

"I have that one!" He sounded out of breath as he pointed at the Hogwarts Castle build. "Oh yeah?" You asked, making him nod before bending down to his level. "What's your name?"

"Nicolas." He replied easily before looking at the other Lego kits on the shelf. "My name is Y/N. Are your parents around by cha-"

"Nicolas!!" You heard the frantic scream of an older woman, making you stand up. "Nicolas!" The kid turned to look at you as if he knew he was in trouble

"There you are!!" You saw an older woman in black jeans and a green turtleneck with long black hair come down the aisle to you and the kid. "What were you thinking!?" She asked as she grabbed him to hug him. Clearly upset, but yelling at him wouldn't do any good right now.

"I just wanted to look at the Legos..." He mumbled, making a flat smile appear on your face. Legos are pretty cool.

The woman you assumed to be Nicolas' mom pulled him out of her embrace. "Yes, and did I not tell you to wait?" He nodded. "You did." She sighed before looking up at you for the first time.