Thirty One

~Cole~

"You know they're 100% calling the police right now right?" Callie laid her head back against the shitty hospital pillows. Twice in 6 months this girl has been in hospital and I can't say the 2nd is any easier than the 1st. At least this time I knew she would likely be okay. Telling dad to get onto that balcony just incase is the best decision I've ever made. Something in my mind said it was possible. Some niggling little voice that I would never ever ignore again because it's that voice that means Cal is okay. Bruised and sick but she'll be okay. 

"Yeah. Don't worry. My dad's on it already." She nodded her head slowly. She tried to hide the fact that it hurt but I saw the slight furrow of her brows. He'd really hit her. Fractured her skull that was going to cause an awful amount of pain for the rest of the year, potentially longer. I leaned over, gently running my thumb over the bandages dotted around her face. "I bet you have some really cool scars when you come out of this." 

"Hm. Yeah. Great that they're on my face though. Yours is on your arm. At least you can hide that." 

"I can have Rowan-" 

"If you say have Rowan hit you in the face with his gun, I will hit you in the face with my fist and I'm still pumped on adrenaline." 

"You pack a punch when you're not high on endorphins." 

"Precisely my point." I chucked at Callie, reaching for her hand. "Can we go the next, like, forever without a hospital trip though because these are stressful." 

 "Why are you asking me? It's you always ending up in here." 

"Um, excuse me, I think you'll find this time you made me come." 

"Because you fell from a building after being smacked in the face with a gun." 

"I was pushed." I grabbed Callie's hand, bringing it up to my mouth to place a soft kiss on the back. "I'm fine Cole." 

"I'm not convinced." 

"The doctor said so." 

"I want a second opinion." 

"You're not getting one." 

"I'm gonna get a second opinion." 

"Okay. Here you go. My opinion. I'm fine. Get fucked." 

"I just killed a guy.  I don't think sex is on the table right now. Gimme a few hours." Callie gasped dramatically. 

"Jesus. Maybe we should get you checked out." I snickered. "I mean, you've gone like 3 whole hours without telling me what you're going to do to me tonight. I'd honestly have thought you'd be trying to get in my pants here. My ass looks good in these jeans." 

"You're telling me." Callie smirked. "I love you." 

"Me or my ass in these jeans?" 

"You and your ass in everything and nothing." Two knocks on the door interrupted us as I leaned to kiss her cheek. Suddenly the room was filling with too many people. Callie's parents, siblings, in laws. She really didn't need all this stimulation right now. 

"You. Get away from our daughter." Callie's dad pulled on my shoulder but Cal just clung to my hand harder. "You put her here." 

"I can assure you Mr. Fraser, this is nothing to do with me." 

"Bull. Shit." One of the voices says but I look to my priority. No one else in this room matters to me other than her. "Sebastian is dead because of you." 

"Oh shut the fuck up Dylan." Callie rolls her head and the room falls into silence. "Sebastian had it fucking coming." 

"Don't you dar-"