XIII

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

Yoona's P.O.V

It was the day of the competition and I was feeling extremely nervous. I had bought the outfit yesterday and even cleaned my skates. After that Sunghoon and I practiced till midnight and then he dropped me off.

I took a deep sigh to calm myself down but it didn't work. We were next in line to perform and then it would be awarding time. We were the they very last to perform so we had to outshine the others.

Sunghoon was entirely silent so I guessed that it was how he expressed nervousness.

Konon: Nana, you got this!

Yeji: You will do great, you've been training for a two weeks..

Ni-ki: Why're you worried, noona, you're one of the best skaters I know.

They all tried to hype me and I gave them a nervous weak smile.

MC: Now representing ×××× ×××× School, Park Sunghoon and Min Yoona!

The MC had just announced us. I walked nervously while Sunghoon looked down as we entered. There were big cheers in the whole arena. Me and Sunghoon were well known in the area.

I sighed and gave the others who were watching a confident nod and got into position.

The first song went by in a flash and now it was time for the lift, I skated towards him and he caught me perfectly. He had his grip on my waist and thigh tight. As we continued to skate I knew that even if we had calculated the performance on greater points, it still wasn't enough to win.

Yoona: Sunghoon, twist lift

I muttered as we passed by eachother. He gave me a slight shake with his head.

Yoona: I trust you..

In the next instrumental, we did it. He literally flung me up into the air where I did a quad twist and then he caught me again. I felt his hands shaking on my waist when he did.

There was a loud cheer across the whole arena. We did it!

Even if it was a necessary move in pair skating, we had never done it, but we had observed it hundreds of times. In the extremely pressured world of skating, this was the smallest thing that could be done, but in the world of school performances, it was alot.

We ended the entire routine with a bow. That went by so fast, I felt so relieved now.

He hugged me right on the ice and then quickly let go, remembering we were in public infront of many people.

Jay: Haha, what was that! I never saw you practice it!

Jay said nearly yelling and hugging both of us.

Jake: You did it! You bloody f*cking did it!

Jake yelled. He had changed to English in delight.

Heeseung: You were amazing.

Sunoo: That was so cool.

Ni-ki: Yeah! You're so cool.

Konon: Told you it'd be fine

Yeji: You did so well!

Yoona: It's not over yet, there's still the results for all our performances.

I said sighing, sitting down. Even if we were in the skating rink, all the results would be announced here, but only figure skaters would have to go back on the ice.

All the scores would be announced together, I stared at the judges at they talked with eachother.

MC: The first place winner of the singing part of this competition is...

The MC said holding the suspense. The marks going higher and higher were shown on the screen. Heeseung and the girl in our class, Dara were currently at 4th position, but the numbers kept going up. Their label started moving up..

MC: Lee Heeseung and Kang Dara!

We all cried out loud. Heeseung got patted on the back alot and was kissed by Eunsoo unnie who was also in the competition.

Heeseung went and excepted the award with Dara. Dara tried to hug him but he backed off saying that he couldn't. When Dara had asked why, he said he had a girlfriend. She walked up in an upset manner while Heeseung came hopping, with a wide smile on his face.

Heeseung: I did it! I didn't think I could!

I said grinning and putting an arm around unnie. Ni-ki gave them a disgusted look.

Yoona: Hee, you're going to be a producer and you're a great singer.

I said as though it was obvious that he would win. Well it kinda was, you would know if you heard the songs he has written.

They announced the second place and third place positions aswell.

Ni-ki and Jay won first place for dance and Ni-ki nearly dislocated Jay's arm by shaking it.

Now it was time to announce who won first place in figure skating.

MC: The first place of the figure skating part of this competition is....

I stared at the board as the marks came in. C'mon please, I hadn't been training this hard since the Asian Figure Skating Trophy Competitions..please just-

MC: Is Park Sunghoon and Min Yoona!

I was in shock. We had won, we had actually won!

Sunghoon: YES!

Sunghoon jumped up with his fist up in the air. I stared at him in shock. He hugged me and spun me around, I giggled.

Yoona: C'mon, we've got an award to receive.

I said pulling his hand. He nodded and we skated to the place were to receive the trophy and apparently money?

MC: You both will receive abit more than 6 million ₩on each from the competition. And since you both are professional skaters, you'll get your monthly amount aswell.

( I just made this up, I'm not even sure it is true or not )

I raised my eyebrows. I mean yes, I've received money before for participating in competitions but I never received it with the monthly ones.

Sunghoon: We did it!

I nodded happily.

Yoona: I didn't think we would win

I expressed to the others as we walked out of the arena after taking photos. Eunsoo unnie and her partner had won second place and also got almost the same amount for their monthly due to them being the same rank as us.

Eunsoo: Are you kidding, I mean, you both are solo skaters, and you did a duo move, that's really hard!

Eunsoo said as we headed out.

Ni-ki: We won! All of us who participated won!

Ni-ki said happily hopping. We all chuckled at the maknae.

Sunghoon: You trusted me more at that point than I had ever trusted myself.

Sunghoon whispered to me.

Yoona: You told me to trust you and I did.

I whispered back. He smiled and then walked forward and put a hand on Jake's shoulder.

___________________________________________________

Suki: Please tell if there's anything incorrect here, if so, then I will correct it.