Isabella smiled softly, "You think a little kiss is going to fix everything?" she asked, still driving but taking the longer route to Derek's house "Darling not everything between me and your father can be fixed with a kiss"

Crossing his arms, Elijah huffed going into a huff with his mom hoping that would spike something in her to say something he wanted to hear. In some ways Elijah wished he could see what would happen behind closed doors between his parents and that they were actually secretly together but they couldn't tell anybody.

"While were here, and your father's not in the car" Isabella said, her nails yet again tapping on the wheel, trying to ignore the song "Wanna tell me why you thought stealing the jeep was a good idea"

"Mom it's there and nobody's using it or driving it" Eli said, practically jumping in his seat, with heavily reminded Isabella of Stiles "And Uncle Stiles told me to use the jeep whenever I wanted"

"He didn't say commit a crime, though, did he?" Isabella questioned, pulling the car up on the drive, seeing Derek's Carmo already in the drive "You're getting the car when your seventeen that was the deal"

Eli huffed, his arms folding over his chest "That's ages away, mom he complained, in reality it was only two years away but to him that was years and years away.

Turning her car off, Isabella looked over to her son, leaning over and kissing his cheek making him scrunch up his face. Being a boy, anything cute or motherly their mother did it always ended in the boys scrunching up their face or pushing their mother off. Stepping out of the car, Isabella waited for Eli to step out before walking into the house following Derek inside with Eli trailing behind.

Stalking into the house, Eli tried to keep his head down and go straight towards his room. However, Isabella had other plans and stopped him before he could even leave the kitchen and nodded towards Derek hoping he would be able to actually be a father and Eli was going to listen to him for once.

"All right" Derek said, breaking the silence, watching Isabella run her hands through Eli's hair before starting to make herself and Derek a drink "Can we just-- can we just stop before either of us does anything completely embarrassing?"

Eli tried not to laugh before pointing towards the broken coat hook "I think that qualifies as completely embarasing? Don't you think, mom? Completely embarrassing right"

"Keep me out of it, Little Wolf" Isabella smiled, winking at Eli but when she clocked eyes with Derek she mouthed something to him.

"Completely embarrassing"

"It was coming loose anyway" Derek brushed it off, trying not to show his smile at Isabella's cute reply.

"Are you gonna punish me or not?" Eli questioned, wanting to get straight to the point "Cause otherwise I'll just go to my room"

Yet again Derek was being pushed to feel like the bad guy in the whole situation, and the parents that was supposed to punish Eli. If one thing Derek hated about being a parent was over the years he had somehow been deemed the title of the bad parent which is something Derek never wanted. If anything Derek wished he could have the same relationship with Eli that with Isabella, the almost perfect parent relationship.

"Eli, I don't---" Derek stuttered over his words, stepping closer towards the island that Eli was standing close too "I don't want to punish you. I'd like to maybe understand what you think you were doing"

Isabella placed her hand on Eli's shoulder pulling him back slightly knowing the conversation definitely wasn't going to end well. She gently started tapping a pattern on his shoulder keeping him grounded and collected.