Chapter 18

*Comments and votes are appreciated! Thank you guys so much for almost 400 votes! I've decided Sophie and Happy will have a sequel! Much love to everyone xxxxx*

Waking up with Happy next to her was comforting to Sophie. She had missed him more than she thought, and she smiled as she turned around and poked his nose to wake him up.

Groaning, Happy pulled her closer. She giggled but it soon turned into a scream as a pain shot through her abdomen.

"What the fuck is wrong?" Happy asked as he sat up and Sophie was in a fetal position.

"I don't know, Happy it hurts," she cried.

"Sophie, where is the blood coming from?" He asked as she looked under the covers at her legs which were covered in blood.

Happy wasted no time gathering her in his arms and running down the steps and buckling her in the front seat.

====================
They pulled up to find Tara outside with a gurney. Happy had called her on their way to the hospital so she was prepared for whatever was happening. Happy came to a stop and helped get Sophie on the gurney.

"Happy, what's going on?" Sophie asked as He was running alongside the gurney being pushed by Tara and her coworkers.

"Everything's gonna be fine, baby," he told her even though he was nowhere near confident.

"Happy, you're going to have to wait out here. She's in labor, and we have to get this baby out now," Tara told him.

"I ain't leavin' her," he said defiantly.

"I don't have time to argue, Happy. I am her doctor, and I'm telling you to wait in the damn waiting room while I try to save her and your baby's life," Tara told him as Sophie was rushed into the ER as Happy watched.

=====================
It didn't take long for the whole club to get there, and they found Happy with his head in his hands.

"Hap, man what happened?" Tig asked as he sat next to his friend.

After going through the whole story, Happy got up and walked outside. He contemplated leaving. He had never been good with this kind of stuff, and the urge to run was high.

"Happy, Tara's looking for you," Jax said as the two ran back inside.

"Sophie's fine, but it was touch and go. We had to jump start her heart twice throughout the surgery, but she's okay now. As for Finn, he has an IVH, which is bleeding in the ventricles of the brain. It's mild, but I need to get in there to stop the bleeding. Happy, I need you to sign the consent forms now," Tara told him.

"I need to talk to Sophie," he said as he rubbed his head.

"Hap, I know this is hard, but your son doesn't have time, and Sophie isn't even awake yet. Please sign the forms so I can try to save Finn," Tara pleaded while handing him the forms which he signed. Tara squeezed his shoulder as she rushed off.

"Happy, it's gonna," Tig was cut off as Happy walked outside only to have Gemma follow him as he hopped on his bike.

"What the hell are you doin'?" Gemma spat.

"I gotta go, Gem," he told her.

"The hell do you mean you gotta go?"

"I can't do this shit," he said, shaking his head.

"Oh you can't do this? Did you just get rushed into emergency surgery and have your baby taken out of you a month early? Hell no, you didn't. She needs you, and you're going to march your ass back in that hospital and be the man she needs you to be," Gemma said with fire in her voice before she walked back inside.

Everyone was sitting inside the waiting room, waiting to hear about Finn. Gemma looked up and smirked at seeing Happy come through the hospital doors. He walked past them and went straight to Sophie's room to find her still sleeping.

He took a seat next to her bed and held her hand. For the first time in Happy's life, he was actually scared.