Thirty-two

Part two of the new years thingy ong, but from vances point of view ig?? I prolly should have wrote a Christmas chapter before this im ngl.

Also idk how to write kiss scenes so last chapter was kinda ass.

Also- 15K FUCKING READS I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH

Word count: 892

———

It definitely wasn't a happy new year for Vance.

"3! 2! 1!"

An unfamiliar pair of lips met his. Before his brain could comprehend what was happening, it was over. He looked to the person. It was a girl he didn't even know. She winked at him, and walked away. People were looking at him, so he couldn't even yell at her. He had to pretend he enjoyed what had happened, as people cheered "Happy New year!!". Yeah. Happy fucking new year. Vance wanted to go home. He walked away from the crowd, trying to search for his friends who he came with. He went to the kitchen, and found griffin.

"Hey! Griffin!" Vance yelled over the people. The music started up again. Griffin looked over to the blonde, and swayed a little. "Oh hey, Vance! How ya doing?" He asked, taking a sip from his cup. "Can we go home?" He asked. "No way, man! Im having fun!" Griffin hiccuped. "Grif, thats your 14th cup. You're gonna have one hell of a hangover tomorrow if you dont stop. C'mon, lets find the others and head home." Vance slapped the cup out of griffins hand, which smacked into some guys head, who was too drunk to comprehend what had happened. He heard griffins whines of protest as he guided the boy through the crowd. He spotted billy, talking to the same girl he was earlier on.

He walked over to him. "Hey billy, can we go now?" He asked. "Huh? Oh, yeah sure man." Billy smiled, and ended the conversation with the girl, who definitely wasn't happy with ending it. Vance was happy billy was more than willing to go home, unlike griffin. As they walked away, billy sighed in relief. "Thank god man. That girl was talking my fucking ears off." Billy said, grabbing griffin from Vance. "Who was she?" Vance asked, walking up the stairs. "I dont even know. I forgot her name already." Billy said, following behind vance. "Why do you wanna leave so early?" Billy asked. Vance sighed. "I dunno. Tired, i guess?" He answered, knocking on a closed door. Robin and finney pulled apart, clearly startled by the loud knock. But they soon calmed down once they heard Vance's voice on the other side.

"Yo, guys? Can we go now?" He asked. Robin helped finney up, and opened the door. "Sure man." He opened the door. Billy immediately noticed their swollen lips and messed up hair. Somethings' gotta have happened in there. But he didn't mention this, and instead moved away so they could exit the room. They all walked down the stairs and into the living room where they had seen bruce last. Of course, he was there. Surrounded by tons of girls. Of course. Vance rolled his eyes. Bruce had eventually noticed the boys standing there, and excused himself from the girls. They walked out of the house, and started walking back to the house.

"So how was your guys' new years?" Bruce asked. "Pretty good id say." Robin smiled, his and finneys hands entwined. "Amazing." Finney said. "Boring as hell." Billy answered, dragging an intoxicated griffin with him. "Sucked." Vance answered honestly, looking at the fireworks behind the houses. "Mine was pretty boring too. Wish i could have spent it with just you guys, instead of at that party." Bruce smiled. Billy laughed in agreement.

They eventually made it back to maries house, and opened the door quietly. As soon as the door closed, the light flicked on. They all jumped in shock. "Where have you all been?" Marie asked, hand resting on her hip. "U-uh.." vance started. "And dont you even think about lying." She said. Vance sighed. Marie treated Vance like her own child, but that also came with her disciplining him like her own child. "You were at that party down the street, weren't you." She said, rubbing her temples. "Yeah.." vance didnt try lying. "Is griffin drunk..?" She asked, observing the boy who fell asleep on billy.

"No, hes just reallt tired from socializing." Billy smiled. Yeah, they didn't lie about the party. But they would always cover for griffin for his absurd drinking problem. She nodded. "Just head to bed. We'll talk in the morning." She said, staying calm. The boys nodded, and walked downstairs into the basement. Vance stayed behind. Marie looked at him in confusion. "Sorry." Vance said, rubbing his arm. Marie smiled sadly. "Its alright, Vance. I may be mad at you, but i can tell something is bothering you. Did something happen?" She asked. "Someone just kissed me at the party, its no big deal. I'm not even that mad about it. It wasn't a bad kiss. I mean, at least I wasn't alone for the countdown." He laughed. Marie smiled, and opened her arms. Vance walked over to her and hugged her. "Get to bed, alright?" She whispered, and he nodded. They pulled apart. "I love you, Vance." She said absent minded, turning away back to her room. "Love you too, mom." He walked downstairs, too tired to comprehend what he had said. She stopped walking. Her eyes widened, before going soft, a smile on her face.