Twenty-five

Finney woke up with a pounding in his head, and the blinding lights weren't helping.

'Wait. Blinding lights? Where am I?' Finney wonders, as his eyes adjust. His vision not so blurry anymore, he realizes he's in a hospital.

What happened?

"Finn, you're awake!" He hears Robin, and turns his head. Robin walks up to his hospital bed, and kneels down.

"Finney!" He hears Vance from beside robin.

"Why am I here?" Finney asks.
The two boys paused, before robin continued.

"Your dad-.." was all Robin could get out. But he didn't need to say more. Finney already remembered the rest.

"Where is my dad?" Finney asked.

"Uh, he got arrested." Vance answered, and finneys eyes widened.

"What?!!" Finney said.

"Well— almost." Vance placed his hand on top of finneys.

"But he-.. i dont understand..?" Finney slumped his shoulders.

"When the cops showed up to have him arrested, he was already gone." Robin replied.

Finney stayed silent.

"Were sorry, Finney." Robin hugs him, but Finney doesnt return it. He was confused, tired, and in pain. He just wanted to go home.

"The others are here to see you. Do you want them to come in now?" Vance asked.

"Sure." Finney smiled sadly.
Vance opened the door, and the boys ran in, and hugged Finney.

"Oh my gosh, Finney we were so worried about you!!" Griffin wailed.

"Why didnt you tell us that your dad was abusive?!" Bruce cried. Finneys heart stopped.

They all know?

"We could have helped you!" Billy said.

This is all too much.
Finney felt sick to the stomach. He suddenly felt very nauseous. Billy had noticed, and grabbed the trash can from beside him quickly. Finney grabbed it from him, and vomited. His throat burned. Bruce tucked the hair out of his face, comforting him.

"Its gonna be okay, finn." Bruce reassured.
Finney wiped his mouth, and put the trash can back on the floor.

'That was embarrassing.' Finney thought.

They were all talking about random stuff, when the nurse came back into the room.
"Okay, everyone out. I need to check his vitals." She smiled, carrying a clipboard.

———

"Well! the good news is, he's healthy! his wounds are healing up quickly!" the nurse spoke to vance and robin outside.

they both shared a sigh of relief.
"but he will have to stay here for at least a couple more days." she said.

"sounds good." robin put his thumbs up, as the nurse smiled and walked away. the boys walked back into finneys room, where he sat, peering back at them.

"you only have to stay here for a couple more days." vance smiled, and sat next to the bed.

"thank god! i dont think i could survive any more of the horrible hospital food." he groaned, making the two boys laugh.

'not that i ate any of it..' finney thought, but he kept it to himself. "Hey, wheres my sister?"

"You have a sister?" Vance asked.

"Yes, vance. I thought you knew this?" Vance rolled his eyes.

"Well, to answer your question, she went back home with her— aunt?" Robin answered.