Eunhye marched briskly into the shopping center, holding Songmin by the hand and dragging her along. Songmin barely managed to keep from tripping and completely embarrassing herself in public as she tried to keep up with her taller and longer-legged best friend. Darn my short legs. I should've taken Ma's advice to drink more milk when I was younger. Maybe I actually would have grown taller.

After towing Songmin up the stairs to the second floor and down a ways of the length of the building, Eunhye finally stopped. Songmin nearly slipped at the abrupt halt, gripping onto Eunhye's arm to avoid face planting into the polished floor as she stumbled to a stop.

"Here we are," Eunhye declared, looking up at the big white store in front of them. Songmin followed her gaze up to the sign above the doors. A hair salon. "What are we doing here?"

"I made an appointment for us to dye our hair," Eunhye explained, moving forward to open the door for Songmin to enter first. "I've been wanting to for a long time and I figured it would be a fun thing for us to do together so I booked us an appointment here, at the best reviewed salon in the city."

Songmin hesitated, looking into the well-lit store through the open door at the individual stations lining the walls. "I don't know. I appreciate the thought, but I don't think Ma would be very pleased with me if I colored my hair. Remember when you brought it up in high school? She was totally against it."

Eunhye sighed. "Songie, you are an adult now. You're allowed to make your own decisions regarding the way you present yourself. I won't force you to dye your hair but know that I am totally willing to talk with your mom if she has any problems with it."

Maybe if I get something subtle, it'll be okay. I'm sure I could talk to With a little reluctance. "Okay, I'll do it. I won't get anything drastic though."

Eunhye's expression lit up and, still holding the door, she gestured for Songmin to go in. "Of course, I won't force you to do anything drastic to your hair and if anyone else does, they can talk to me." Laughing to herself, Songmin entered the salon.

The man at the receptionist's desk smiled good-naturedly as Eunhye approached him, Songmin trailing behind her. "Welcome, ladies. How can I help you today?"

"We have coloring appointments with two stylists, both at three forty-five, one under the name Lee Eunhye and the other under Jong Songmin," Eunhye answered.

The man typed some information into his computer. "Great, I see both of the appointments right here. Sit tight for just a moment while I call over your stylists." He gave both girls another smile and went off.

True to his word, not long after his departure, a woman came up to them. "Hi, I'm Kim Boyeon and I will be the stylist for Ms. Songmin today." She looked expectantly between Eunhye and Songmin as if looking for confirmation for which one of them was her client. Songmin, who was standing a little behind Eunhye, shuffled out beside her. "I'm Songmin."

Boyeon clutched her hands together satisfactorily. "Ms. Songmin, please follow me."

The woman took off for a station at the back of the salon. Songmin looked at Eunhye with a please-come-with-me gaze. Eunhye nudged her forward. "I'll be with you until my stylist calls me."

Following Boyeon, Songmin took a seat in the fancy salon chair, taking a second to admire how nice the cushioning was. I don't think I've ever sat in such an expensive chair.

Boyeon opened one of the drawers of the mirror in front of Songmin and took out a black cape, draping it over Songmin. "Alright, what would you like me to do for you today?"

Songmin looked beggingly at Eunhye, hoping the older would understand she had no idea what she wanted and needed a suggestion.

From beside the mirror, Eunhye smiled as if to say I've got you. "I think you'd look great with a peek-a-boo hairstyle."