[ 11 ]

"Chenle, how are you so good at this?"

"I'm not that great, Leyi, pretty sure you're just bad."

"Hey, take that back!"

"Can you guys stop speaking in Chinese?" Jisung groaned, tossing his controller onto the bed and flopping back onto the mattress. Songmin and Chenle fist-bumped, the girl giggling and the boy smiling smugly. The TV displayed the Mario Kart leaderboard screen, with Chenle at the top, Songmin in third, and Jisung down in seventh.

For some reason, Chenle got his own room in the apartment while his six friends shared rooms; his was surprisingly clean, probably because he'd stuffed most of his things under his bed (which he'd obviously hoped Songmin wouldn't notice but was the first thing to catch her attention when she'd entered). The bed was neatly made with plain black bed sheets and a hefty navy blue blanket. A TV was attached to the wall opposite the bed in the optimal spot for someone laying in the bed to watch a movie. On the grey walls were a variety of posters, from his favorite music artists to basketball teams; a yellow jersey was hung on the wall behind his bed like a dreamcatcher.

Chenle got up off the bed and moved toward the door. "I'm going to get a snack. You guys want anything?"

Jisung bounced on the bed to propel himself off. "I'll come with, I need to make sure Donghyuck hasn't stolen my ramen."

"Leyi, is there anything you want?"

"Just some water would be great." Chenle gave her a thumbs up and, together with Jisung, the two left the room, leaving the door open.

Waiting until she couldn't hear their footsteps anymore, Songmin slipped off the bed and out into the hallway, beelining for the smaller of the apartment's two restrooms.

A minute later, she washed her hands and exited the bathroom, headed back to Chenle's room. As she walked, her attention was caught by a flickering light, shining out from a crack in the door of a room she'd never entered. Approaching the door, Songmin tried to peek inside but couldn't see the source of the light; except for that pulsing light, the room was dark and she was unable to make out anything.

"Are you looking for me?" The voice surprised Songmin and she jumped back from the door, for some reason ashamed at having been 'caught' even though she hadn't even entered the room. 

The voice had come from Renjun. He stood a couple feet away, leaning against the wall with a casual smile. He wore an oversized white t-shirt covered in multi-colored flecks of paint and a pair of grey sweatpants, his messy brown hair slightly damp from presumably just having taken a shower. 

"N-no, I just- I was curious about the light b-behind the door," Songmin stuttered, ears burning and trying not to die of embarrassment not only at having been caught peeking into his room but also at seeing him in such a casual state. Oh my lord, I can't believe this is happening right now. I wish the floor would open up and swallow me whole.