"Well... I can't compete with that." He pursed his lips and Naruto gave him a dirty look with a side smirk. "Glad we both know where you stand." Max couldn't believe how delusional this guy was... it was sad & it almost made him feel a sense of sympathy.

"You may be her first but I'm her last."

It was the way that Max said it in a tone of security that made Naruto's heart jump out of his chest. He didn't get malicious energy at all and that scared him... "What?" He sat up in his seat and placed both elbows on the table before folding his hands together. "You wanna repeat yourself?" Indeed, Max repeated his statement. "I said I'm her last." Naruto wanted to leap across the table and beat him like a drum but he didn't need any charges.

"There's no doubt in my mind that she feels any different. You may have been her first, but I'm her only." His body eased up because speaking about her or thinking about her always put him in a good mood. "You think you got the upper hand just because she feels sorry about your mother passing." Naruto could feel the muscles in his body tightening. "But that's all it is." Max sat his elbows on the table and leaned in.

Naruto did the same, now both gentlemen's faces were a few inches away from each other. "She doesn't give a fuck about you. That Ocean Eye and Sugar Pop duo as you remember, is over." He cocked a blond brow. "Is that right?" Max stood firm in his belief. "That's right."

He continued, "You're only getting a portion of her emotions but I get that every night and when I leave here I'll be with her. You don't have shit on that."

Naruto stood to his feet and slammed a palm down on the table. "Max!" The buffed raven stood & did the same. "Naruto!"

Lucky for them there weren't that many people there since it was pretty early and the lunch rush still had about an hour to start.

But the waitresses and waiters were viewing them with worried eyes. Not knowing if they should get involved or let them handle it by themselves. Max & Naruto had the statures of pro fighters so they didn't wanna say or do too much to get themselves hurt.

"I think you're talking out of your ass now." Naruto glared at him. "You gonna tell me why you invited me or keep wasting my fucking time?" Max had a nastier glare.

The whiskered blond balled his fists and closed his eyes for a second. What was stopping him from killing him? He was just getting in the way of his plan anyway...

When he opened his eyes again, he exhaled sharply. "You feel happy about being sneaky when it came to dating her?"

Now Max was confused. "What?" Naruto was allowing his feelings to speak. "You were a friend turned boyfriend. That's shady. Have you been liking her all along?"

The million-dollar question has finally been asked. There was some speculation around campus about how those 2 hooked up.

"Why do you care? She's with me now." That was all the answer he needed. "If that's what you wanted to have a 'man to man' discussion about then you've wasted both of our times."

Max straightened. "Don't call her after 5 unless you wanna hear us... connecting. You won't be seeing much of her anyways."

Naruto smiled. "Guess you're just the better guy, huh?" Max curled his upper lip as he looked him up and down. "You won't be anywhere else alone with her."

He couldn't help but smile again, but it was a strange smile. "I'm gonna make you regret those words. You'll see." He had to get one last thing off his chest. "Oh, and how did you like the taste of my lips after you picked her up?"

Max's heart skipped a beat for all the wrong reasons because if what he said was true... but instead of replying he just pursed his lips again and decided to walk away. "You're a looney."