22

He was there again, in that boundless dark void, floating aimlessly. He remembered this feeling well, in a dream he had recently. This time, he knew what to look for. The Hylian swiveled his head in each direction, his face retorting a bit from the vicious chill.

Bingo. As he expected, he got a glimpse of a few odd characters. Two of them he recognized. One of them was the one with Sora's face in the black coat. The other was the one he met last time he made it to this dreamscape,  slim with diamond styled attire. The others he was not as familiar with. One of them bore a raggedy hood that draped over his thin body, holding up a strange orb as if it were a part of him.

The one standing between the three of them was easily the most menacing. He was the tallest by far, red hair flowing in whatever breeze was present. Of all of them, it was clear that he was the most dangerous.

Link reached for...what was supposed to be the master sword, he instead felt nothing but air in its stead. He sighed, unfortunate that this dream he was in didn't come with the perk of creating whatever he wanted.

A sudden dread in his chest made itself known as he focused back on the group in front of him.

They were staring back at him.

This brought alarm, as he was only distracted for a mere moment, and yet all eyes were already on him.

"Hey blondie, nice of you to crash the party!" The Sora look-alike smirked. "I met some of your buddies. Who needs enemies with friends like these right?"

"Call it whatever you like." The one holding the orb floated closer. "I've been given another chance to do this correctly, and I won't fail again."

Link asked who they were, and why they were doing this.

"Curious are we? I almost feel bad, you seem so lost." The red caped one chuckled. He whipped his hair out of the way in dramatic fashion, showing off more of the purple outlines of his eyes. "Part of me feels almost guilty for leaving you in the dark like this...however..."A wide smirk enveloped his face. "I feel as though your suffering will prove much more entertaining this way."

His words sent a chill through Link. The man was smiling, but his eyes were glaring at him with nothing but hatred.

"So, this is the supposed hero then? How disappointing." The tall, red haired Gerudo in the middle finally spoke as he turned his head slightly to get a glance at the Hylian. "I've watched your battles, struggling through every victory. You're merely a child. You and that so-called princess are not strong enough to lead this kingdom anywhere."

Link was taken aback. He's watched their battles? So he knew of him already? He wasn't sure of how this was possible, but either way, that wasn't good by any capacity. He warned them with balled fists that whatever they're planning, they won't succeed.

"Really? Who's gonna stop us? You?" The cloaked boy with Soras face mocked. "Sorry, but I highly doubt that."

The red cloaked one then held out his arms, almost like he was greeting him with a hug from afar. "...But you're welcome to try."

They all shared a haunting laugh as they turned away, disappearing into the void in bursts of smoke one by one, leaving only him and the tall one, who finally turned in his direction. Like Riku described, the first thing that Link noticed was the shining blotch in his chest, random colors emitting from what he assumed to be some sort of battle wound.

"Those are the eyes of someone who knows what loss is." The man stared him down with a smirk. "I know that look all too well." His smirk suddenly turned to disgust. "It sickens me. Looking toward me like you've already decided my fate, simply because you can't allow for your predetermined lives to change, even when fate has it in store for you."