10

"Pick up the pace would ya! How do people who fight like that move THIS slow?!" The impatient Midna floated around Riku and Link, who begrudgingly paced through the moonlit sandy desert.

The boys shared a look of frustration before each letting out a sigh.

"Midna, we can't float like you. And wasting our energy isn't gonna do us any favors." Riku retorted. Link gave a hearty nod as he wiped sand from his forehead, a cause from the faceplant he took not too long ago trying to climb the ridge out of the Yiga clan's hideout.

"Fine, fine. I guess it doesn't matter when we get there, I just hope my Link doesn't do anything stupid while I'm gone." Midna nodded, trying to hide a faint smile.

Link raised an eyebrow, and turned his attention to Riku, who already had wide eyes from the recent comment. "What'd you say?" The teen responded in surprise.

"My Link is bound to be looking for me by now, assuming he's not in the same situation I am." She nodded, disappointed in even the thought of him being lost without her presence.

"You...you were traveling with a Link? And it's not this one or the one those guys mentioned?" Riku continued his line of questions.

"Did one of those Yiga guys hit you on the head or something? I told you already, I was with a companion of mine searching for fused shadows, something I need to save MY world." She repeated. Riku looked contempt with that response.

"Well, it's definitely not a coincidence then." He looked to the much younger Link to his right. "I'm not sure how, but I think this IS your world."

Midna and Link both looked toward the silver haired otherworlder with raised eyebrows. He wasn't shocked at their immediate response, so he continued his thought.

"There's already a Link in this world, Midna has her own Link, and this Link with us doesn't recognize where he is. And yet, you've both been pulled to THIS world." He looked to the sky. "I don't think you guys got pulled to another world, I think you got pulled to a different time"

The youngest of the group was wide eyed with shock. What was he saying? Was that even possible?

Midna stared at him with crossed arms, yet she had an amused smile on her face as he spoke. "Interesting theory, but you don't have anything to back that claim." She chuckled. "I will admit though, that'd definitely explain the Link situation. This one does bear an awfully striking resemblance to mine, just a lot...less experienced." She planted herself on top of the head of the blonde, who clearly didn't take too kindly to her last comment.

"I'm sure once we learn more about this world, it'll all make sense."

"Umm, I don't want to know more, we need to get to your ship and get back to my world...or time, or whatever." The impatient creature shrugged.

"Heh, guess I don't blame you." The silver haired teen chuckled to himself, reminiscing of the time he was ripped from his own home. His curiosity had gotten the best of him, and it almost cost him everything. With the power to leave at will, he finds it ironic that he's now the one helping others find their way. He looked back toward the two, making friendly as Midna laughed at a corny joke Link told. At the very least, their situation seemed just a tad less dire, and he was thankful that he could be on the helpful side for this venture.

After another long trudge through the sand, Link found himself with narrowed eyes as he attempted to focus in on a figure in the distance. He guided their attention toward the oddly placed set of rocks, built and placed in a clearly specific manner, standing tall in the midst of the walled off settlement. The trio widened their eyes, as they'd all noticed the very out of place set of multicolored blocks dug into the ground only a few feet away from the walls.