16

"What...what am I looking at?" Riku practically shuddered as the ship hovered over the lifeless town.

They group looked out the windows to get a better look at the scene. Link recognized dozens of Gorons, lying still on the ground, unmoving.

"I figured something might be wrong, but something like this was far from my first guess." Midna joked, despite her feeling just as uneasy as the rest of them.

Riku flew over toward an opening wide enough to space the gummi ship, and made a gentle landing. Xion couldn't help but grip her arm tightly, not knowing what they may potentially be up against that could cause something like this.

As they exited, they were surprised to feel the cool air. They were given elixirs specifically to combat the heat, and yet they couldn't even feel any.

"Yeah, this is definitely wrong." Xion shivered, the sight of the unmoving Gorons leaving her uneasy.

Riku glanced around at the scene, and gave a heavy sigh. "I guess Robbie wasnt kidding when he said to expect the worst..."

- - - - -

They watched the scientist in awe as he tinkered with his latest project. He was putting on the finishing touches before he finally turned back toward the group.

"So...this is why you needed all my measurements and stuff?" Riku crossed his arms.

Robbie didn't even bother turning around as he proceeded to answer him. "Considering the accommodations we made for your friend Sora's weapon, I can't imagine why the same wouldn't work for you."

"Accommodations? So he really can't use his Keyblade either then." Riku surmized.

Robbie nodded in agreement. "Precisely, which is why we equipped him with a weapon developed by us. I'm sure he wouldn't want you getting hurt, so we'll do the same for you."

"And because he's helping us?! Come on man!" Purah argued from the other side of the room, earning a disgruntled huff from the older gentleman.

Link, finally awake after his long rest, stared over Robbies shoulder in awe, studying the weapon he was working on.

"Yes, this Lynel's weapon, after careful analysis, still retains the unique power of that heartless that took the form of the heartless." He cautiously held the weapon on its side and turned it toward them. "It was oozing power, but using Xions keyweapon to seal it inside, and a few modification, this might be able to serve you well in place of your other weapon."

Riku grabbed the handle of the weapon. Despite its large size, for him, it was surprisingly light. There were flashing red symbols written across the blade, which only glew brighter once Riku had it in his hand. He turned away from them all as he dawned his signature fighting stance. He swung the blade with gusto, the momentum creating a small gust felt by everyone in the room.

"Looks like the only thing we have to worry about is him hurting someone with that thing." Midna chuckled aloud as she placed her hands behind her head.

"I made modifications using some remaining guardian parts. Play around enough and you should be able to access some new powers." He grinned and placed his hands on his hips, confident in his work. "I'll work on a sheath for you so it's easier to carry around with you. You go ahead and get adjusted too it."

"Thank you Robbie, I mean it." Riku said as he made his way back outside to try out the weapon.

"Just like a kid with a new toy." Purah laughed aloud.