Prologue

Prologue|

"Okay, so what you're trying to say is that I can't tell any of my friends about you?"

"Yep."

"Your friends won't know either?"

"Nope."

"But that's just hiding. That wouldn't be a very cool idea."

I groaned as my hands reached my hair, pulling it sightly. "Ainsley, you know how May and Trent feel about you. It'll be a complete mess if they found out that you're my best friend."

She looked at me, in worry as she ignored my comment and grabbed the rusty chains from the swings and started kicking her feet up.

"Ainsley! We're not done talking about this!" I shouted.

"Okay, I'm listening!" She shouted back, laughing from the swings.

I smiled genuinely. She told me that when she's on the swings swinging that it tickles her tummy.

Her dark brown hair was pushed back and forth in the wind. Strands of it hitting her face as she went up and then being pushed back as she went down. Her olive skin shined with the bright sun. She was extremely beautiful. I'm extremely jealous of her looks. She looks like a supermodel while I look like a vampire.

But I quickly snapped out of it, realizing that she still refused to not tell her friends anything.

"Ainsley please..." I pleaded.

"I don't get it. Why do I have to keep it a secret?" She looked down at me, obviously curious about it.

"You're popular. You don't want anyone knowing your best friend is basically an outcast." She raised her eyebrow at me, looking completely lost.

Ever since the day she came up to me for the first time since second grade, she acted as if she never knew about her hating me. It was like she forgot all about it. Now everytime I say something about her being popular and stuff, she'd look at me confuse and call me weird or something. It was like she had no idea! But she does know...

I bet she's just trying to forget it.

Even though she didn't apologize for the crap she gave me, I forgave her anyways when I started to take a liking to her.

But I don't have feelings for her anymore. It's over with. I got over her freshman year.

"Earth to Reyna!" Ainsley screamed at the top of her lungs, which startled me to death.

"Okay! Ainsley, we start Junior year tomorrow and Trent and May are getting suspicious so can we just pretend to hate each other, just please?" I asked her, batting my eyelashes.

She sighed at me as she stopped swinging. "Okay fine. But I don't like it and I won't try my best." She mumbled. I squealed, giving her a tight hug.

"Great! Now let's go get some Tacos. I'm starving." She nodded eagerly as we both started walking out of the empty park.

*************************

"Mom! I'm home!" I yelled as I through my coat on the coat hanger near the door.

Mom entered the living room and waved to us. "Ainsley, honey, are you staying for dinner?" She asked her.

"Sure, if that's okay." Ainsley grinned excitedly.

"Of course, you're always welcomed here." Mom said giving her shoulder a tight squeeze. "Dinners not quite finished yet. You girls head upstairs and have some fun."

"Alright." I grabbed Ainsley wrist and led her up the stairs and towards my room. When we were in, I quickly shut the door. "So, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Lets just talk. You excited for school tomorrow?" Ainsley asked, twirling a strand of her hair.

"Not really. I was enjoying summer, ya know?"

"Come on! We're juniors now. That's something you at least should be excited about. We're going to be like the Mini Queens of the school!" She exclaimed.

"Mini Queens?" Okay, she was definitely taking this too far.

"Duh! The Seniors are the Kings and Queens while we are the Mini ones! Makes sense, right?"

"Uh yeah sure," I shrugged it off while in search for the TV remote.

"But what I'm really excited is for the hot guys!"

My head snapped up as I winced at the word 'Guys'.

I could feel my blood boiling.

I was really protective of Ainsley. Guys literally took off their clothes with their eyes when she walked down the hallways. She was the hottest girl in school. I could just imagine those guys touching her without her permission. It was utterly revolting.

"Reyna!" She snapped her fingers which caused me to snap back into reality. "You really need to stop zoning out on me. I asked you if you're excited about hot guys too?"

"I'm not really looking for anybody," I lied.

Well, it really wasn't a lie. I really just didn't like guys. Guys weren't my type. But I was sure to marry one. I can't like a girl.

Not like last time.

"Come on, why not? Reyna, think about it. Hot sweaty senior football players. That would be my dream and life goal. Just to have one talk to you and maybe even ask you out on a date," She explained as she sighed happily.

I could feel the vomit in my throat.

"Those guys are just a bunch of players. You'll get hurt, Ains. I don't like to see you cry." It was true. One time her Mom slapped her and she was in tears for almost an hour. You wouldn't want to see a happy girl like her cry. It pains me.

"Girls! Dinner!" Mom yelled.  I cheered. I was starving.

We both ran downstairs and went on to the kitchen. The smell of the steak was addicting. I could feel the water in my mouth. "Reyna, you look like a predator who just found their prey," Vicky said with a smile.

"Oh sorry. I'm just really hungry. Those tacos didn't make me full." I sat down next to Ainsley and then Mom came in with the steak.

Oh sweet baby jesus....

I was ready for some food man!

We ate and talked until dinner was finally finished.

Which meant is was time for Ainsley to go.

As we met up at the door, she turned around and grinned at me. "Ready for school tomorrow?" I groaned. How many times is she going to ask me that?

"Nope. But I don't really have a choice on going now do I?" She chuckled at my comment while I gave her a small smile.

"I guess you don't. See you tomorrow at school." She said giving me a short hug before walking off to her pink Ferrari. I sighed as I shut the front door.

I hope she knows not to come talk to me tomorrow.

Because no one and I mean NO ONE can know.

***********************************

Okay so how was the prologue?

Hopefully good. :)

Pic on the side is Megan Fox who is also Ainsley in the story. She is utterly beautiful.

I wish I could look like her, lol.

ANYWAYS VOTE, COMMENT, LIKE, ya know the usual.

Bye mates ;*