Turned

The sun was beginning to creep over the trees on the horizon and the path to the cabin was littered with spots of light. Hugh carefully navigated his way through the overgrown path, intent on reaching the cabin before daylight broke, and saving himself and Elena from certain death. It was not an easy task: He still carried her - refusing to let her down despite her objections, but in doing so he was not as quick, and his steps became uneven and clumsy as he tripped over the dead branched and debris.

His hunger was voracious. He wanted to ravish her. Now.

The smell of dried blood on Elena's body was torture. Hugh felt his legs begin to shake, and the saliva pooling in his mouth at the thought of tasting her was becoming too much to bare. He couldn't remember the last time he had felt so torn and so desperate to have a woman all at the same time. His ability to concentrate was diminishing by the second, and his hunger grew steadily causing his fangs to slowly pull down from his gums.

When Elena looked up at him, he was staring down at her panting. His fangs were fully exposed, and his long tongue licked his lips seductively. She looked up at him again and pushed herself out of his arms, falling onto the leaves below. The look he was giving her was completely predatory, making her shiver. She could feel his arousal, feel his hunger for her. Elena felt fear rising from her core, and she slowly began crawling backwards on her hands and feet in the leaves. There was something in his eyes that made her almost submissive. All her limbs felt like they were being pulled into the ground, hindering her movements.

Their eyes never left each other. The way he stared at her; she couldn't move away from him. She should have run, but her body slowed as she lay there watching him. Elena felt a burning inside her that was dragging her to him. Desire pulsed through every vein; her body was begging her mind to give in to him. She was so scared, but the need she felt for him was just too strong, it was over whelming; to have him, to feel him, to give herself to him.

Hugh watched her like a wolf stocking its prey. His chest heaved, and his breath came out in short, quick gasps. He could smell her menstruation and he growled deep inside his throat. 'The rarest of all blood, the most precious' he said to himself 'She will be all for me, she will be mine forever.'

He lunged at her, trying to grab her arm to pull her into his body, but a searing pain made him recoil and hiss. He held his arm tightly and covered the red, blistery burn with inside of his coat.

The sun.

They hadn't noticed how high the sun had become and it broke the spell both were under.

"Hugh!" Elena pushed herself off the ground and ran to him. Taking his arm out of the coat she looked at the burn. It was bad, but not something he wouldn't recover from with time. It did need to be washed and wrapped and kept from the air and light.

"Hugh..." She looked at him and blackness fell all around her as she tumbled to the ground. Hugh knelt beside her and felt her forehead. She was cold. Her body was in the place between the living and the dead, leaving it unable to function as before. He picked her up and began once again on shaky legs to the cabin. To claim her, to turn her.

To make her his. Forever.

"Soon my love, we will be one" He kissed her cheek and picked her up, carful not to injure his already burned arm. His desire simmering just under his calm façade.

_________________________________________________________________

When Elena awoke, she was inside a small room that was beautifully decorated with warm fabrics and cozy décor. Hints of yester year played out all over the room, from the wash basin on the antique dresser to the meticulously carved oval mirror over the dressing table. It was stunning. She looked around and wondered where she was. Hugh...where was he?