◈Liyue◈ || An Auspicious year of Zodiacs...?

Started: 22 January 2024

Published: 15 February 2024

Edited:

AUs: None

Genre: Fluff

Warning(s): Most of things I mention about Zhongli/Rex lapis in this chapter are 100% NOT lore-accurate, it is purely for the context of this chapter :D, each of these are kinda the length of their own chapters ... oops, ⚠️A RIDICULOUSLY LONG CHAPTER ⚠️ you have been warned.

Note: Only the male Liyue characters are in this chapter (romantic), I'll do a platonic (and way shorter ) one with the female characters in a separate chapter

A/n: for those who doesn't know about the Chinese Zodiac, it consists of twelve animals that is one for every year, and this year is the year of the dragon. For those who are interested, here:

There are more legends surrounding these but I won't be elaborating it now-

Anyway, HAPPY LANTERN RITE 🏮and a prosperous Chinese New Year to all that celebrate <3

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

Ah yes... Lantern Rite. The most anticipated and loved festival in Liyue. Even the travelers that come to Liyue will say that the Lantern Rite is the most memorable and beautiful festival that they had ever witnessed. 

This festival is held every year to celebrate the illustrious adepti that protects the land. And this year specifically, is a special one. Why, you ask? 

Well, it is because it is the year of the dragon. This year, the people of Liyue will make the festival bigger than ever, to celebrate their beloved deity. 

.

.

In the lofty heights of Jueyun Karst, the former archon sat at a table, sipping tea all by himself while reminiscing his memories of his former comrades.

"Rex Lapis. It is that time of year again." A familiar deep voice of Moon Carver approached.

'Rex Lapis' sighed. "Yes, it is, old friend. Come, join me for a cup of tea."

The adeptus nodded, settling himself in front of the former archon. "Hm. Is it time for that already? 12 years always goes by too fast."

"Yes, it is. Though I am no longer Liyue's archon, I must continue to pass on my blessing to the land for as long as I live."

"I see."

.

.

Morax, or better known as Rex Lapis, is a great adeptus, most often in the form of a mighty dragon. Once every dozen years, on the year of the dragon, he gives a fraction of his power to the land, blessing his people for years to come. As an expert storyteller would put it, "Oh Mighty Lord of Geo, such benevolent ruler is he, blessing the land for peace. His power he shall give, rid the land of vile and feed his kin."