Chapter 7: A STRANGE ECOUNTER

Comenzar desde el principio

Doctor Strange: The dark forest theory.

Wanda: What... did you say?

Doctor Strange: Oh it was just a thought. Seems like you're experiencing a very similar feeling of paranoia that one would get when they dive into that concept. I see a similarity.

Strange stood up, which made the tension rise even more.

Doctor Strange: The dark forest theory... was actually a very dark theory that tried to explain why Earth had no contact with alien life. But in your case, the theory can be altered to a more... grounded approach.

He slowly walked towards her sitting opposite of him. His footsteps creaking on the wooden floor.

Doctor Strange: Imagine you are lost in a dark forest. Scared and alone, you cry out into the pitch-black abyss, hoping someone will hear you. Hoping someone will answer. But no matter how much you scream, nobody answers.

The floor creaks as he takes one more step.

Wanda: Strange... W-what are you doing?

Doctor Strange: Here comes the scary part- Nobody answers because they are too afraid to make a peep.

Wanda: Why? What would they be afraid of?

...

Doctor Strange: It.

He moved closer. The "it" made her think of just one thing, and she was frightened now.

Wanda: S-stop... I don't wanna hear any further.

Doctor Strange: They are too afraid... Lest they be found by whatever terrifying monster is lurking in the dark woods, hunting for fresh blood.

He took another step forward. Wanda moved back in her seat, fighting the urge to stand up and get away from here.

Doctor Strange: You see... Nobody wants to talk about what happened because they are too afraid to even mention it. It's an involuntarily instinct, linked to our evolutionary changes to survive.

Wanda: I don't... I don't understand.

Doctor Strange: You don't remember what happened, do you? I assumed as much. Just had to make sure.

Wanda: Strange... You're scaring me now.

Doctor Strange: Suppressed memory... It's a very ugly thing.

Wanda: W-what are you talking about?

Doctor Strange: Although I must say, in this case... It came in quite handy for you. Because no sane person would come out of that the way they were before... Unless, of course, they somehow forgot what happened.

As he walked ever closer, she jumped up from her seat and walked backwards.

Wanda: I... Have to go. Sorry for bothering you so late.

She rushed down the stairway and opened the large door to exit the sanctum, but Strange was suddenly waiting for her outside. She stumbled backwards and fell to the ground inside the sanctum.

Doctor Strange: Why in such a hurry? Stay here. We haven't seen each other in so long.

Wanda: What's going on!

...

Wanda: Look, Stephen... I don't know what's gotten into you... But I'd... Rather go home now. M-maybe we could talk some other time.