"Mom!" I couldn't believe what was coming out of my mother's mouth.

"Do you know how hard it is to get another appointment with Dr. Wang?"

"I'm not crazy!" I sobbed quietly.

"But you are, because you're so much like her." My mother took a deep breath and left my room.

A few weeks had passed and I was feeling worse than ever.

My mother locked me in my room, forced me to see this psychiatrist and Junseo stuck to my side like chewing gum in my hair.

The first snow fell and my family got together for dinner like every year before Christmas.

I always look forward to it because I can see my grandparents who come from London especially for it.

This year, Christmas was going to be the worst ever and I was to blame.

My mother allowed me to move around freely as long as I did what she told me and as long as I could get out of this gilded cage, I agreed for better or worse.

The staff were busy preparing dinner and my grandparents arrived.

The only ones who showed me love, showered me with gifts and I wished I could live with them.

"Y/n darling!" my grandmother hugged me and kissed my temple. "You have become a beautiful young lady. How are you?"

I nodded and just smiled. At least now I didn't want to disturb the family peace.

"Welcome Grandma!" I replied and led her into our living room.

"Where are your parents?" she asked, looking around while my grandfather helped himself to my father's cigar box.

"They'll be here in a minute. " I answered her.

My grandmother sat down and tapped the empty seat next to her to indicate that I should sit down. Which I did.

"How is Junseo? Is everything okay with you two? " she asked me, but before I could answer, my parents came in.

And the usual began... Discussions about who hadn't called whom and when, why the curtain was of such poor quality ... and so on.

I secretly slipped away and went out the door to get some fresh air when Sona ran into me.

"Y/n!" she whispered and beckoned me to come to her.

Sona and I became friends in secret after my mother gave me my first slap.

Sona was the one who comforted me and became a friend, if not my only friend.

"I was there today. He was there too." she whispered again as we ducked into a corner.

"I have to see him, but how? I can't even go to the toilet on my own without someone standing next to me." I whispered back.

"I eavesdropped a little...and I know he'll be at the ice rink near your place today with friends."

I let out a sigh.
"I have to see him, I haven't been able to sleep peacefully since the incident and I haven't really apologized to him for everything yet. But how am I supposed to get there without arousing suspicion?"

Sona and I looked at each other ....

"Say you want to go out, to the library in town?" Sona suggested.

"No... my mother would put Junseo by my side. "

"Oh...wait I've got it. How about you pretend you're not feeling well, go to your room where I'll wait for you and we'll swap places."