21- Reunited

"Liliana?" I asked. Ona nodded walking towards me. I felt tears in my eyes. Ona handed her to me. "mi pequeña niña" I whispered rocking her. (My little girl)

There were looks of confusion from the whole team. I cleared my throat. "Um this is my little girl. Liliana Mireya Stone" I said loudly. Some of the girls faces were completely blank. "Viv I want one" A voice shouted from the back. "What?" Another voice said. Everyone turned to look. "Look at how cute she is! Vivianne I want one!" Beth repeated walking over to me and liliana. Viv just rolled her eyes and smiled at me. "Shes beautiful, is her name spanish?" Viv asked watching beth. "Yes, Liliana means 'pure' or 'innocent' and Mireya means 'miracle' in spanish" I said nervously.

I scanned around the room and my eyes landed on Katie's. I was half expecting her to turn and run but she stayed. I smiled at her and she gave me a nod. "I she yours?" Kyra asked coming over with steph. "Yes, im 24 but I had her when I was 20." I replied. "How come you've never bought her here before?" Steph asked holding Lilianas hand.

"Well while I settled down over here Liliana was staying with my parents in Spain. It made sense because they were looking after her anyway with the amount of matches I was playing. Of course I played for Chelsea for a year then transferred here. I was just waiting for the right time to move her over when there were people to look after her." I explained. "Fair enough" Steph replied smiling.

"Can I hold her?" Katie asked. I turned around surprised. "Sure" I replied smiling. Katie walked over slowly taking liliana carefully. "You look just like your mummy" Katie said in a soft voice. I smiled at the two. I turned back to Ona. "Hola mi amiga!" She said hugging me tightly. "I missed you!" I replied putting my arm around her shoulder. "Me too but I said I would visit!" She said happily.

I turned back towards Katie and saw her sitting on the floor with Liliana on her lap arguing with beth. "Well I'm obviously her favourite look shes sitting on me!" Katie argued. "Well that's because your not sharing!" Beth protested. "Shes not a toy" Leah said laughing. "Plus I'm definitely going to be her favourite" She said joining in. Katie and Beth started arguing again. "Rightttt! that's enough you two" I said glaring at both of them just as Katie was about to say some things that were not very PG.

"Actually I think Kyras going to be her favourite." I said smiling. "Why?" Kyra said confused but happy. "Shes been watching you since she got in the room" I pointed out. "Sucks to suck McCabe I'm the favourite" Kyra said sticking her tongue out. "If I didnt have a child on my lap you would be dead right now" Katie replied glaring at her.

Kyra started jumping up and down. "I'll be back!" She said running to the changing rooms. She re appeared a few minutes later with a tiny arsena shirt with '32 Cooney-Cross' written on the back. "I was going to give it to Harper when I next saw her but I'm giving it to Liliana" Kyra said excitedly. "Thank you" I said taking the shirt and laughing.

"She needs a McCabe one too!" Katie said looking up at me. "Of course" I replied with a smile. "Can I have a go now?" Beth pleaded. "Wait your turn" Viv said elbowing her. "Katie give Liliana to Beth before she goes crazy" I laughed. "Hey! It's your favourite aunt beth!" Beth said talking to Liliana. Instantly Liliana began to cry. Beth looked shocked and Viv burst out laughing. "Wait what did I do?" Beth said confused.

Viv took Liliana and rocked her slightly calming her down and she stopped crying. "Now that's not fair!" Beth replied crossing her arms over her chest. Katie was rolling around the floor laughing and a few of the girls were holding back laughs. "Your all bullys stop laughing" Beth protested. "Here give her this she'll love you" Ona said handing beth a lolly. "Can I not have it instead?" Beth asked. Ona shook her head laughing.

Viv put her infront of Beth and beth gave her the sweet. She instantly sat in Beth's lap playing with her hair. "Told you" Ona said smiling. "She cant bribe the kid to like her!" Katie protested. Beth stuck her tongue out and began talking to Liliana.

Once all of the girls had met her we headed into the gym. I put Lilianas new Kyra shirt on and tied her hair into a ponytail. "She looks just like you" Katie said smiling. "I promise you I was going to say something." I said quickly. "Its fine honestly" Kayie said reassuring me. I let out a breath I didnt know I'd been holding in and hugged her. I turned around to see Liliana running over. I put my arms out to pick her up but she swerved me and hugged Katie's leg. Katie let out a laugh and picked her up. "Guess I'm the favourite" She said sticking her tongue out. Liliana did the same. "Your teaching my child bad habits already McCabe!" I said laughing.

I was lifting weights in the corner of the room when I heard someone shout. I instantly dropped my weights and ran over. Kyra was sitting on the floor but she was completely drenched. Katie and Liliana were laughing behind her. "Which one of you did it?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "It was her!" Katie protested pointing to Liliana. Liliana pointed to Katie. "You two are trouble" I said tickling Liliana. "It actually was katie" Gio said laughing from the other side of the room. "Snitch!" Katie shouted trying to run away. I caught her and started to tickle her.

When she fell onto the floor I sat onto of her so she couldn't move. "Someone get a sharpie!" I shouted. Katie wriggled and tried to get away but she couldnt. Alessia returned with a sharpie and I handed it to kyra. "Payback" Kyra said before writing 'kyras the best' on Katie's forehead.

As I was laughing I let my guard down for a second and katie managed to flip us over. She snatched the pen from Kyra and wrote on me 'Katie's the best' I looked at her surprised. "You drew on me first!" She said innocently. "Well technically it was kyra" I protested. Liliana came running over crying. "What happened?" I asked worried. "Beth walked up to her" Viv said laughing. Beth looked hurt. "Its nothing personal dont worry beth, take your hair down for a second and pull your necklace out from under your shirt." I told her. She did what I said and sat on the floor. "Liliana go see Beth" I said turning her towards her. Liliana walked straight over and sat in her lap. "I figured out shes not a huge fan of people she doeant know anyway but sometimes she just doesnt like there hair up as she likes to fiddle with things" I said indicating to the necklace that Liliana was now playing with.

"Fair enough" Beth said smiling down at her. "How long are you in town for?" I asked Ona. "3 weeks." She replied smiling. I hugged her before scooping up Liliana. "I should probably take her home guys, I'll see you all later ok?" I said waving them goodbye. Katie and Ona followed me out of the gym to Katie's car. "You can stay with me if you would like? Ellies currently living at Millies but I have a spare room free" Katie asked politely. "Its fine, I'm staying with my mum as she lives over here" Ona explained. I hugged ona goodbye after she gave me all of Lilianas things.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Katie asked as I unbuckled Lilianas seat belt. "Yeah sure, I'll come to yours? or you come here?" I asked. "I'll come here" Katie said kissing me and Liliana goobye.

An:
As I have said before anything that is in Spanish has most likely come from google as I only speak very small amounts of spanish. I'm not 100% sure on the meanings Lilianas names but that's what google has said.

Did you like this small plot twist? x

Also thank you for 30k reads! x