5- getting along, kind of

Ellies pov:
I walked back to the changing rooms from jonas' office. It was empty. I slowly walked to my spot. STONE, a banner said writen in the arsenal colours. I sat on the bench and lent against the wall. I sighed.

Ping.

I looked at my phone.

1 new Instagram message.

I'll check it later. I opened my locker and pulled out a pair of football boots. They were brand new, bright red with small gold bits old the side. It went nicely with the kit.

I grabbed my phone and went into one of the toilet cubicles at the end. As I slid the blot across, I heard the familiar squeak of the changing room door open.

"I hate her." A familiar voice said. "Then why did you punch that guy?" Another familiar voice said in reply.

Leahs pov:
"I didn't!" Katie replied. "Really? What is this massive bruise on your hand, then?" I said, lifting up her right hand. "Fine. But it doesn't mean I like her! I hate sharing an apartment with her! Please swap with me!" Katie pleaded. "Nope!" I said, walking over to my locker.

"I have no idea why she even signed for arsenal. We don't need her. She's just one extra body on the pitch to worry about. Did you see her passes yesterday? They were horrible. Bet she bribed Jonas to give her a contract." Katie said, scoffing.

Katie's pov:
I turned around as I heard a bolt unlock. Ellie walked out of the toilet. "Fuck you. Fuck both of you." She said before walking out.

Leah rushed out the door after her. I tried to stop her but she had already gone.

The room was strangely quiet. To quiet. That kind of quiet is uncomfortable.

Ellies' pov:
I opened the door to jonas' office. "Can I go home? Please." I said with tears in my eyes. "You can go back to the apartment, yes. I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked concerned. "Yep. Thank you..." I said before walking out.

I stormed back into the changing room. All the girls were in there now. "She's crazy honestly I'm not sure why we signed her." I heard one of the girls whisper. "Excuse me? You do not talk about your teammate like that. I mean it, if I find out that any of you have said even one more negative thing about Ellie, I will make sure you are benched for the next 5 games." Kim's voice filled the changing room.

I walked over to my locker and grabbed my bag. "Where are you going? We've still got training?" Kim asked kindly. "Home. Well, not home, but to the apartment. I can't be here today with all the whispering." I said bluntly.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I unlocked the door to the apartment. I walked in and sat on the sofa dumping my bag by the door.

Ping

I opened WhatsApp.

                                Mum

Your dad passed away last
week.

                          What? Why was i not told?

We we're busy.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I looked at my phone in shock. I had never had a good relationship with my mum. She didn't believe that women could play football. My dad was always my biggest supporter, and now he's gone.

I sobbed. I launched my phone at the door. "Watch it!" An Irish accent said annoyed. "Go away." I said, putting my hood up and curling into a ball. I felt the sofa sag down a bit as someone sat the other side.

"Are you ok?" Katie asked softly. I was surprised. "And you care because?" I snapped. I felt her move closer to me. Her hand reached round my shoulder. I tried to shake it off. "Come here. You need a hug." She said sternly.

After trying to get out of her grip for a few seconds, I stopped. Hugging her felt safe. I turned around and cried onto her shoulder. "My t-shirts soggy -" Katie said, laughing. I went to pull away, but she held me.

"I thought you didn't like me." I muttered. "I don't." She said, finally letting go of me. "Then why did you hug me?" I soad confused. "Because I don't hate you." She said, twiddling her thumbs.

"What happened?" She asked. "Nothing." I replied. She raised an eyebrow. "My dad died." I said, tears threatening to escape again. "I'm sorry." Katie said, stroking my back. I started crying again. Katie stood up and pulled me to my feet. She hugged me and swayed gently from side to side. It was soothing. "Your ok." She whispered.