10- Nightmare

!An: This part is mainly ellies past, and there is a strong description of domestic abuse, so trigger warning!

Ellies pov:
I climbed into bed with today's events circling around my head. Today has been very exhausting. Introducing everyone to Gio, our fitness tests, and everything that's happening with Katie.

I plugged my phone into the wall and left it on my bedside table. I didn't have training the next day so I put a movie on my TV quietly and tidied my room. When i was finished, I peeled back the covers and slipped into my bed. I picked my phone back up and scrolled through the news.

My eyes soon began to get heavy, and I stiffled a yawn. I lent over and turned my lamp off, and placed my phone down on my bedside table.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ellies pov:
I had just pulled into the driveway, I was running late home from training. I knew that, depending on my boyfriends mood, I would be in trouble.

I got out of the car , took a deep breath, and quickly walked towards the front door. My hands shakily tried to put the key in the lock multiple times. When I eventually got the door open, I froze. Matt was standing in front of the door leaning against the wall.

I cautiously walked into the house and closed the door. Matt's gaze hardened as he looked me up and down, his anger evident. "Took your sweet time, didn't you?" he sneered, his tone dripping with hostility. My heart raced, and I stammered an apology, but he cut me off sharply.

"Apologies won't change anything," Matt snapped, advancing towards me. I could hear blood rushing around my head as he grabbed my arm, his grip tightening. "You think you can do whatever you want, huh?" he seethed, his face inches from mine. I tried to pull away, but his hold only intensified.

"Matt, please. Let go." I pleaded weakly. His grip losened as I looked up. He smiled slightly, and I shivered. Catching me off guard, he sharply pushed my shoulder, and I fell onto the hard wooden floor, hitting my head on the way down.

I tried to sit up my vision blurring, but I could just about make out the figure of Matt taking his belt off. Fear rushed through my body. I knew I had to get away. I stood up as quickly as I could and tried to run up the stairs. I felt someone grab my ponytail and yank me back. I cried out. I could taste my blood on my tongue. "Nice try." He chuckled dryly.

I turned away from him and curled up into a ball to protect my head. I shouted in pain as the hard metal from his belt hit my back repeatedly.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Katie's pov:
I stared at my ceiling in the dark. I think I liked Ellie. I closed my eyes and put my pillow over my face, sighing I rolled over.

I heard a small bang and sat up slowly. There was another bang. I quietly switched my lamp on and grabbed the weight from the corner of my room.

I carefully opened my door and crept into the living room. The noise was coming from ellies room. I turned the light on and dropped the weight. I rushed towards her room as I heard her shout.

"No! Stop! Help! Someone help!" She shouted her throat dry. "Ellie? El? I'm here Ellie what's wrong?" I said, standing in her doorway. I turned her light on and saw her rolling around in her bed. She continued to shout. Without hesitating, I pulled her covers back and climbed into her bed.

I wrapped my legs around hers, and I held her arms. "Ellie? Shhh, you're ok now. Wake up, " I whispered, shaking her slightly.  I held her, urging her awake. "You're safe now," I said, as her tearful gaze met mine. "Katie?" she questioned. "I'm here," I confirmed, loosening my grip.

"I'm sorry, Katie. I didn't mean to wake you up." She muttered sheepishly. "Hey, it's fine," I said, moving my hand up and down her arm. "It's so hard. Coming to a new club. I'm trying to fit in. I have no one to talk to." She admitted. "You have me, Ellie. Don't forget that, ok?" I whispered.

Ellie explained what happened in her last relationship and how it was actually  Gio that called the police on Matt. I couldn't help but feel angry at what he had done to Ellie. She didn't deserve that.

"Can you stay with me tonight?" Ellie asked, playing with her hands. "Sure," I said, smiling. She rolled over onto the left side of the bed as I got up and turned the light off. We laid in silence for a few minutes before Ellie rolled over and slowly put an arm around my waist. I turned to face her. "Can I have a hug?" She whispered. "Yeah, sure," I said back, moving closer to her. I heard her sigh as she laid her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and rested my head on hers. "Goodnight, Kate," She whispered softly. "Goodnight, El," I whispered back, placing a small kiss on top of her forehead.

An:
Hope you enjoyed this part. It was actually suggested by one of my readers! This was quite a short chapter, but I am writing the next one now, so it will most likely be out in the morning! x