4- Partners

Ellie's pov:
I woke up feeling cold. Something had changed. I sat up slowly and rested my back against the headboard. I looked across the room towards Katie's bed. She was still under the covers.

I slowly got up, instantly regretting it as the whole room started spinning. I felt a wave of nausea come over me, and I rushed to the bathroom.

As I sat hugging the toilet, I could feel my eyelids getting heavy. I glanced at the window and saw it was still dark outside. I laid down and curled up in a ball.

I woke up about 3 hours later and could feel the cold tile floor pressed up against my cheek. I crawled back to my room and grabbed my phone.

No new notifications. I sigh and check the time. 7:30. "KATIE!" I say jumping up. I rush into her bedroom. "KATIE WERE GONNA BE LATE!" I shouted, shaking her shoulder. "Piss off, don't touch me." She snapped. I jumped back a bit hurt. "Fuck you then." I mumbled. "What was that!" She said, sitting up. "Fuck you McCabe." I said spinning around. "Dont talk to me like that!" She said, getting up and walking towards me.

"Whatever." I said, going to leave the room. I felt someone harshly pull me back. "Hey!" I shouted. "No! You don't talk to me like that. We're not friends!" Katie shouted back. "Believe me, I know." I said, pointing towards my scar.

I grabbed my training kit and left the apartment.

As I arrived at the arsenal training ground, I took a deep breath. I collected all my items of clothing and headed towards a toilet. As I pulled my arsenal shirt over my head I couldn't help but feel like I didn't belong here. I slowly slid down the side of the cubicle and cried. It felt like I was in high school again. Eating my lunch on my own in the bathroom.

As I came out, beth came running up to me. "ELLIEEEE!" She squealed. "Hey Beth!" I said, hugging her. "Just a random questionnnn" she says, smiling. "Who's your favourite? Me or Viv?" She asks, raising her eyebrow. I glanced behind her and saw viv standing there rolling her eyes.

I sensed I was going to be getting in the middle of an argument here. "Well, sorry to disappoint any of you, but it's definitely..." I said slowly. "Vivianne" I said holding back a chuckle.

Beth looked at me offended. " I thought I was your favourite!" She said acting hurt. "Sorry, me and Vivianne are secretly besties!" I said, linking arms with viv and walking towards the canteen.

Beth ran up behind us and jumped on my back. "Give me my girlfriend back" she said playfully.

When we walked into the canteen, we heard everyone whispering. When they noticed I was there everyone fell silent and turned towards us. I froze. I could feel my face turning red.

"Ellie, come over here." Lotte said kindly. I slowly walked over to her and looked around the room. Everyone was still staring. "What are you looking at." Someone snapped. Everyone quickly turned back to their food, and put their heads down.

Lotte opened an article on her phone.

-------------------------------------------------------------
IS NEW ARSENAL MEMEBER BAD NEWS FOR THE CLUB?

A man has reported that last night around 1am, he was innocently walking past new arsenal member Ellie-May Stone, who is also a member of the England squad, when she started shouting at him accusing him of being a creep. Apparently, she punched him in the face before walking back inside the club.

Read more.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I stood up straight on shock. Lotte said something to me, but I didn't hear what she said. I turned around and ran out of the canteen with tears streaming down my face.

When I finally got to the pitch outside, I picked up a ball. I needed to let some of my emotions out. I ran to the outside of the D and started shooting at the goal. Every time, I hit the ball harder and harder. I saw someone come outside, but I ignored them.

Katie's pov:
I walked outside to see if Ellie was ok. I knew she didn't punch that lame guy. It was me. But the other girls didn't know that. The girls that didn't know her had been whispering all morning, and it was doing my head in.

As I walked onto the pitch, I opened my mouth to shout to Ellie. I watched her foot connect with the ball and heard the sound of the ball whizzing through the air. Before I knew what happened, I was on the floor.

Ellies pov:
The ball didn't bounce out of the goal back to me. I looked around. One of the girls was lying on the floor. I ran over. It was Katie. She was struggling for air. I think I winded her.

"Are you ok?" I asked, standing over her. She sat up and started gasping for air. I patted her back. A few minutes later, her breathing evened out. "What the hell!" She shouted, getting up. "I didn't do it on purpose, did I!" I shouted back. She shoved me, and I fell on the floor with a bump.

I looked up, and Katie went to storm off. I heard a loud voice shout. "ELLIE. KATIE. MY OFFICE. NOW."

I walked sheepishly into Jonas' office. Katie was already there. "What the hell is wrong with you two?!" He asked, slamming his hand down on his desk. "You do not act like that. Intentionally hurting each other?! It's not on!"

I heard a small snigger come from Katie's direction. "What's so funny, McCabe?" He asked, annoyed. "You've gone red. That's all." She said, sniggering again.

"Until you two learn to get along, you will be partners in everything." Jonas said, calming down slightly. I groaned. Katie rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She said, getting up and walking out.