"you make me want to be sober. i want you happy and if me sober makes you happy, ill stay sober forever" she wrapped her arms around his neck, the two hugging each other, determined to never let go.

"i'm sorry for all the pain i caused you." he told the girl, "i'm sorry, im sorry, im sorry." he whispered

"rafe you don't need to-" rafe interrupted her sentence, "no i do, i put you in danger, i used you, lied to you. someone doesn't deserve all that, especially not you" she let go and looked down at him

"but ill be better for you, i promise" he smiled, the blonde girl returning it. she grabbed the sides of his face, connecting their lips as he gripped her waist.

this is what he craved, not the drugs or the silence the alcohol brought to his head. He craved the feeling of being loved. having someone that's there for him, who will always have their back when he needs it. being the shoulder that person needs to cry on. he craved it.

and he was getting it. he loved it, never wanting the moment to end.

Elliott pulled away, walking out of his arms. he sat on the edge of his bed, staring at the girl who looked like a ray of sunshine. he couldn't help the smile that overtook his face. he just realized how in love with this girl he was.

elliot stared at the boy with so much love, she didn't know what happened, where her anger went. this boy in front of her was willing to keep her safe, she hasn't had anyone willingly stand by her side in unsafe situations.

she's had to face luke's beatings, for years without any protection from anyone. Not john b, JJ, no one. just having a person willing to be by her side through thick and thin was something she admired.

"can i take you somewhere or did you want to go back to see your brother?" he asked, no hint of judgement in his voice.

"i'll see him later, take me" he smiled at her, grabbing her hand as he brought her outside. his bike was at the chateau so the pair walked to the chateau, holding hands and kicking a large rick between the two as they walked. elliot's camera hung from her neck, her torn up black converse sported her feet like always.

rafe handed her his helmet once they arrived, sitting down and motioning to behind him. "wrap your hands around my waist" he told the girl, she nodded, getting on and doing as told. he grabbed her hand, kissing it once before letting go so he had both hands on the bike.

the feeling of riding his bike made elliott feel free and she loved it. a feeling she never got over

once arriving at the cameron's home, rafe got off the bike, putting his hand out to help elliott off, he took her helmet off as well, placing a kiss on her forehead after. elliott's attention was brought to the yelling somewhere in the yard

looking over to the dock, she noticed sarah and ward, words and shouts being exchanged between the both. rafe noticed her attention was diverted, wrapping his arms around her neck and placing his chin on her head.

"i hope she's okay" eli spoke, "everything's going to be okay princess" he said softly, waiting for her to divert her attention to him. when she did, spinning around in his arms, he smiled and led the pair inside.

the place wasn't every special, but the roof of the cameron house overlooked the water, a stunning sight to see and he just wanted her to feel at peace, somewhere it was hard to find them. he had other places and he would show her. eventually that is, right now, here on the roof was the first of many, just starting off simple.

"it's gorgeous up here" elliott sighed, taking a photo of the beautiful landscape. rafe agreed, but his attention was on something else.

the shouts of ward and sarah were gone now. eli watched the small boat leave. she knew where sarah was going and for once, she didn't feel the need to go find the others, she didn't want to.

yes her brother was over there, her new friend koda as well was there. he knew and was close enough with john b that it wasn't awkward.

this moment was all she needed. she looked over at the blonde boy next to her who was laying against the roof, hands behind his head and eyes closed, she snapped a photo of him, smiling to herself all proud.

"did my hair look okay?" he asked, eyes closed with a small smirk. elliott rolled her eyes as he peaked out one eye. "no actually it was a mess" she laid against the roof too, rafe gasped sarcastically, laying sideways with his head in his hand

he used his other hand to grab the girls chin, facing it towards him. "take it back"

"you always look pretty rafe, you knew i was kidding" she grinned. he rolled his eyes with a smile as she laughed. He brought his lips down to hers, the pair in their own world.

they really were, oblivious to the other pogues who where running from the cops not many miles away. the pair were so blind to everyone else, but nothing else mattered to them. at least not right now.

———————————

Authors note
hey guys, i fell out of love with writing and have just recently got back into it. i missed my babys. i still have all my ideas for this book, it's just writing them that i'm struggling with. slowly getting there. but here!!