CHAPTER TWELVE: THE WITCH IN THE WOODS

Start from the beginning

But when Melody's attention was on him, Lyre spoke up to her.

This one brings with him... an old friend... I would think twice before trusting him, dear Melody, he said, but the way he uttered the word "friend" made it indeed seem like he wasn't talking about anything friendly at all...

[GEM]

She hadn't realized then that Astrid was speaking. "I know, I wouldn't have brought such a large group of people here if it wasn't an emergency. But they won't tell anyone where you are. They're a trust worthy bunch," she assured her.

[MELODY]

Melody just broke eye contact with him then before letting Astrid go. "..I was told you were coming.." she simply replied as she opened the cabin's door and got inside. Moira looked a bit concerned when he reacted like that but let it be for now before looking confused At Melody's reply. How did she know they were coming? Then again this was a witch so probably that could be possible.

[GEM]

Unlike Moira's confusion, Uriah wasn't surprised at this statement. It just brought further proof of the invisible eyes he was feeling on them.

"Then I'm glad we didn't startle you like you startled Arne," Astrid remarked with a smirk as she entered, the rest of the group piling in as Uriah was the last to do so. His eyes lingered on a spot in the thin layer of snow as if he knew something was there watching him. He just gave it a narrowed eye before turning his back and shutting the door behind him.

The house was warm even without a proper fire as the embers of her last one were still glowing, giving support for her statement about her hourly absence.

Hiccup looked around the home in admiration of her attention to decoration. It was clear Melody spent a lot of time here perfecting the aesthetic of a homely cottage.

[MELODY]

Melody took off her robe as she put it by the fire so it could dry being exposed to the snowy weather. She re-lit the fire after putting some wooden logs on the ambers that she had left. "..you can sit down wherever you want..as long as you don't touch anything else.." she said calmly being quite protective over her herbs and other things she used for healing and protect herself like the crystals on the shelves. She then put a pot above the flames of the fire as she put water in it to boil. Moira looked around once she sat down on a stool Melody had besides a small table she used for cooking and preparing herbs. She noticed the frequent smell the home had.

[GEM]

As she was saying this, Gregor carefully put down the raven skull he was playing with, a childlike guilty look on his face as his eyes were locked with hers.

"That goes for you too," Ruarrc told Faelan without even looking at him.

Greenhood took the raw emerald from his pocket subtly and placed it back on the shelf, hoping Melody didn't notice.

"I love your skeletons," Ruffnut said about some of the various animal bones used for studying. "Do you have any voodoo dolls?" she asked with excitement like this was all incredibly cool.

[GEM]

Hiccup looked at the twin with a frown as if to say "really?"

[MELODY]

Melody was watching the water seeing bubbles appear as she put a handful of herbs in she had grabbed from a shelf. She looked up at Ruffnut when she asked that and smiled shaking her head. "No...i don't do that kind of magic.." she stated calmly. "..I only heal and protect.." it was clear Melody didn't have much contact with other people judging by the way she behaved. She walked over to the table Moira was sitting in front of as she grabbed a bottle of another type of herb. Moira froze slightly when she did faintly feeling that darkness that was hanging over her. Melody noticed she did when she came close but ignored it and just did her thing as she walked back to the fire with it putting some more herbs in the pot. "Should be ready in about 5 minutes.." she mumbled to herself as she sat down on the floor by the fire.