"Just hurry up. Where do you want your roses?" She asked and I pointed towards the kitchen.

I ran up the steps and quickly started to press out my hair. It wasn't my best work because I was rushing but it still looked presentable.

I looked my outfit over again in my floor length mirror and grabbed my clutch before I made my way downstairs. I found  Tamika waiting for me in the living room seated very comfortably on my couch.

"I'm ready, ma'am.." I smiled.

"Spin for me.." She said as she looked up from her phone. I placed my hands on my hip as I turned around slowly for her.

By the time I turned back in her direction she was standing right in front of me. She clasped both of our hands together, holding them up in the air between us before pressing her lips mine softly.

"So beautiful. Not even mad about you being late anymore."

"I wasn't late."

"Well you weren't on time.." She unclasped one of our hands just to hold one as she led me towards my front door. "I wasn't late either.." I shrugged.

"Okay, baby. Whatever you say." She sarcastically smiled causing me to turn and glare at her as we walked out the house.

As we made it outside I felt her pull me behind her and I turned back around to see there was a random white man who was walking up my driveway.

"Are you Kandi Burruss?" He asked.

"Who are you?" Tamika asked as I just stared at him. Instead of answering Tamika he just repeated his previous question and I gave him a curious look before slowly nodding my head.

Papers were shoved in my hand and he was running down the street before I even registered what happened. I briefly heard him say 'you've been handed legal documents', but the memory was hazy to me.

"Did that just happen?" I asked.

"I feel like I should run after him and beat his ass?!" Tamika said as we both tried to process what happen.

"Let's go back inside so you can look this over and call your lawyer.." She suggested already moving to go back in the house.

I quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her back towards her car. "What are you doing?" She asked as she looked at me as if I had five heads.

"We have a date. I can deal with this later.." I said nonchalantly.

I had no idea who was suing me or why but I knew I wasn't letting them ruin my day. A simple text to my lawyer and all of this would be cleared up by the time we got back from our date. I had nothing to worry about.

"Are you sure? You just got served with papers... are you not worried?"

"Was I worried when you threatened to sue?" I questions I began to stuff the papers into my purse.

"No, but that's entirely different."

"Whatever it is, I'm not scared. I just want to continue our day we planned.." I smiled, raising an eyebrow at her until her expression changed.

I quickly pecked her lips before she ushered me to the passengers seat. I got inside and quickly pulled out my phone to text my lawyer.

She texted me back immediately asking for a picture of the documents. After I sent them she texted me back that she'd handle it and call me later.

"See I told you! She's already on it and we can enjoy our day.." I said before grabbing her hand that was on my thigh and intertwining it with mine.

"I'm glad, baby." She said before bringing our hand up to her mouth and pressing a soft kiss onto mine.