Chapter 16

After 20 minutes, you were still crying. Your body felt numb and your head was pounding. You heard the door open and you quickly stood up and stopped your tears from falling. You saw a pink girl enter the room, it was Mina. She was preparing for her match against Aoyama.

Mina looked at you "Oh hey (y/n) what's-" Mina saw that your eyes were red and puffy, and tear stains decorated your cheeks. She quickly ran over to you "Hey hey! (y/n), what's the matter?" Mina puts a hand on your shoulder to try to comfort you.

Your instinct was to tell her that you were fine, but you couldn't handle faking it anymore. You knew that if you tried to say that you're okay, you would just burst into tears again, but it was worth a shot. "M-mina, it's nothing I'm-" your attempt failed, you broke out into tears, and started sobbing.

Mina frowned and pulled you into a hug "Clearly (y/n) this isn't nothing... I can tell what they said got to you..." Mina was rubbing your back as she hugged you. She hated that everyone still saw you as monster, because unlike them, she actually got to know you. She knew you were deep down a sweet girl.

"Listen to me (y/n)... you are none of those things... I've gotten to know you and so has the rest of our class! You're amazing! We all think you are. You are not the person you once were. You went through a lot of trauma, and was forced to do things... and those things were all you knew at that point, and you were angry that this society failed you. None of this is your fault, you are brave and strong, and I love you so much!" Mina breaks from the hug to give you a reassuring smile.

Mina was right; those people didn't know you the same way your classmates knew you. Sure you were rough around the edges, and still held onto some of your tendencies from your time with the villains, but you were trying your best to change.

You lived in a world that didn't favor you from the get go, it was tough... You have one particular secret you had to hide for years because of this, and it hurt you so much. You were so scared that once this secret was out, the way people viewed you would change.

It didn't help that you were kidnapped by the league, and was experimented on. They turned you into a killing machine. When you got away, you had no where to go... There were no records of your existence in Japan. You had nothing but the clothes on your back.

You look down, not being able to look into Mina's eyes. You were snapped out of your thoughts when Mina was told she had to head out on the field. Mina looked at you one last time and gave you a quick hug "If you ever need someone to talk to, just know I'm here for you" Mina then went to leave for her match.

When Mina opened the door you saw Bakugo standing at the door, he immediately looked at you. He must have been worried about you since you were gone for so long after what happened after your match with Iida.

Upon seeing you, Bakugo sighed and walked in "You know, you should stop crying, tears don't suit you" the blonde boy approached you. Your body was shaking and your breath was unsteady. "You were taking a long time to come back so I figured I would check up on you, and see how you were doing... but it's clear that you're not holding up so well" Bakugo said as your eyes stayed glued to the floor.

You stayed silent for a moment, trying to find the right words to express yourself before finally opening your mouth to speak "I'm an idiot for thinking even for a split second, my life could get better. I-I don't know why I thought things were gonna finally start looking up for me, I should have just let those officers arrest me, I was stupid to think I could ever have a future where I'm not ridiculed for my past" your tears fell from your cheeks. You wished that everything you were saying wasn't the truth but you had to face the facts.